Cabo san Lucas in February - what should I expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been going to Cabo in February for the past few years. I generally take my dive gear and dive while I'm there. The water is cold. The 58 degree estimate in the other post is right on. You can decide what you need to wear for that temp. Personally, because I'm diving multiple days I like to be warm and wear a 7mm farmer john with a hood. That may be more than I need but my other suit is a 3mm and probably not enough. The local shops often rent a 3mm plus a 3mm shorty. The water isn't clear in February; certainly nothing like what you would find in Grand Cayman etc. but the visibility isn't bad. Don't expect to see any of the big animals this time of year. You can expect a fair number of fish and diving with the sea lions is fun. You should see eels, maybe a reef shark or two and if you are lucky some mantas. I dive with Amigos del mar which would be quite a trek from Riu but any dive shop is a distance from that resort. I don't know who they use directly from the hotel. Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom