Cabo San Lucas... Been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jsh:
I am thinking of going to Cabo for X-mas (2006), I would like to book my own place (with my wife), not fancy, no all inclusives, and do a bunch of diving, probably a 8-10 day trip. any recomondations? Is the diving there worth it?

Thanks

the diving on cabo is not spectacular with regards to quallity and quantity as its the leaving point for the livaboards you could try and visit la paz which is around 2 hours from cabo and the diving is amazing. + very cheap.

I'd personally be bored as crap staying in CSL 8-10 days, even diving every day. Look into those side trips to Cabo Pulmo and Gordo Banks since you're staying a decent amount of time.

Hi - I just returned from La Paz - AMAZING DIVING! We saw Whale Shark, Pilot Whales and all kinds of others. We stayed at Club Cantamar. The group (family) that runs the place are amazing - great customer service! I would go back there again. La Paz is not a very touristy place but the diving with Cantamar is worth the extra trip. Check them out and tell Pedro hello! ENJOY!

well, he said he is going to Cabo for something else....

I would LOVE to go to la Paz and I hear Loreto is very cool too.

I have to say I am liking what I hear about La Paz, thank you all for the info. My wife and I would take a quiet, little, nowhere town with nothing to do then a tourity place, any day.. and with the stuff Me II talked about in La Paz, and the cheap diving, I think it is starting to take the lead... Catherine.. Meet us there..

Cabo san Lucas is the only place to Dive that time of year .Cabo Pulmo and all of the east cape will be blown out buy the winter winds. Diving La Paz is best in summer it all comes to an end by mid November.My sister and boyfriend dove Cabo Friday and Saturday and had 100 foot Vis. at Peligan Rock.They dove with Baja Dive two day s with three outher Divers On a small But nice Boat. I hope to Download there photos and post them later this week.I am planing three days at New Years in cabo.As long as we stay out of Squid Roe everything will be great.

I would suggest that you puruse the net & maybe check in with the locals for conditions at any place that you're interested in in your Dec time frame. I know for a fact that diving goes on at Cabo Pulmo in the winter. I bet at La Paz too. May be a bit chilly since both are just a tad N of the Tropic of Cancer but that's the whole thing about the Baja. You go there different times of the year to see different things. Cold water = plankton = pelagics. Warm water = clarity. Cabo San Lucas water gets cold too in the winter months.

suedownunder1:
Cabo san Lucas is the only place to Dive that time of year .Cabo Pulmo and all of the east cape will be blown out buy the winter winds. Diving La Paz is best in summer it all comes to an end by mid November.My sister and boyfriend dove Cabo Friday and Saturday and had 100 foot Vis. at Peligan Rock.They dove with Baja Dive two day s with three outher Divers On a small But nice Boat. I hope to Download there photos and post them later this week.I am planing three days at New Years in cabo.As long as we stay out of Squid Roe everything will be great.

Sock puppet alert!!!!

Yeah, suedownuder,
If you're a real person why don't you fill in your profile and disclose who you really are. I've come to know in the last two years that some Baja dive operators are just sleazy. All they can do is bash their competition and bash close places to dive that take away from thier business, which usually sucks. Who are you and what "expert" opinion do you have?

Scubabum,

That's a great point, I didn't think that people would try to do that..
I have been perusing the net, only 2 concerns about La Paz right now is the bucksto get there and the cold water... Might be better to hit Cozumel and leave La Paz/Cabo for next summer... Thank you all for the input.

Jsh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom