Cabo Pulmo - 1st Week Sept 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to Cabo Pulmo 3x, in Sep. 2011, Sep. 2013, Oct. 2015 with 3 different operators. One of them was with Cabo Pulmo Resort, which required ground transportation from Cabo San Lucas (CSL) to Cabo Pulmo.

I plan to go back there again in May after a trip to Socorro and going to Cabo Pulmo by boat from CSL on a 3-tank boat dive. It’ll start pretty early, like 6:30am, and be back in CSL by 5pm-ish.

I would recommend Gaby & Rene of https://www.krakendivers.com/cabopulmonationalparkscubatours I knew them for 10 years.

While we are in CSL, we’ll be going to Gordo Banks with Kraken Divers too.

Land’s End is also a unique dive site to do. I dove there as a warmup dive before going to Socorro, 3 months ago.

Change plan due to logistic situation, as we will be getting off Nautillus Belle Amie from Socorro on May 19. We'll be going diving to Cabo Pulmo with local dive operator there arranged by See Creatures Ocean Experiences | Diving and nature tours We'll be going there from Cabo San Lucas by van (a 2-hour ride each way) and do a 2-tank dives.

With Kraken Divers we plan to just do 3-tank boat dives in The Corridor, as Gordo Banks is too deep (130 feet or 40m).

Do you plan on diving Cabo Pulmo for only one day or a couple?
If more's the case, then why not stay there and put your money into the local community?

I usually stay in town when I go because it's a lovely place to stay and feel settled rather than think about the long commute to get back to SJD or CSL. Instead of the bumping music coming from speakers, you'll wake up to the sounds of nature and maybe spot a wild horse or two if you decide to watch the sunrise at the beach!

Following this thread, probably heading there end of summer (around September) too!

Just be sensitive to time of year and water temps. My understanding is that the highest water temperatures are in the November/December range.

Just be sensitive to time of year and water temps. My understanding is that the highest water temperatures are in the November/December range.
it's really nice then, but it's hotter Aug-Oct. But that's also when the hurricanes can hit.

Hella people in November too!

Well, work is pushing back the to to end of sept/oct. So I'll be good...and besides...I'm used to the Dutch cold water and 7mm wetsuit only...so everything else will be a blessing!

Looking at trip to Cabo March 9-16. Stay at Hilton La Pacifica which is only 20 mins from East Cape Explorers. If anyone booked with them, please weigh in. Can you get the variety of dives? What are conditions like - how long and rough are the boat rides for the areas they go. Water temps, etc. as well. Thanks in advance.

Looking at trip to Cabo March 9-16. Stay at Hilton La Pacifica which is only 20 mins from East Cape Explorers. If anyone booked with them, please weigh in. Can you get the variety of dives? What are conditions like - how long and rough are the boat rides for the areas they go. Water temps, etc. as well. Thanks in advance.
your dive operator looks like they're in the area of the corridor which is great for dives out there.
when people talk about local dives - pelican rock, neptunes finger, the arches - those are out of the marina in cabo san lucas. you are a bit of a distance from that area. Expect some time in the boat unless the operator shuttles you into Cabo San Lucas (to that marina).

For anyone going to Cabo Pulmo, I suggest STAYING in Cabo Pulmo.
If you really want to deal with the commute and just travel up for a single day then that's up to you. I would never do it. However, since you're going in March, you might have a better chance at getting one of the more popular spots. It's usually less crowded ('less crowded' is not 'not crowded' however). Around March/April (Easter) you'll get more domestic tourists rather than Americans and Canadians escaping the winter cold. (At least that's what people in CP have told me in the past).

March is a little bit cooler. If I were diving every day for a week, I'd probably upgrade my 3mm shorty and hood to a 5mm full. If I was going to jump in only 1 or 2 days, I might do a shorty still with a lavacore vest or something.

Thanks. the resort - Hilton La Pacifica is half way between East Cape Explorers in SJC and Dive Cabo in CSL each only 20 min or so drive. So was thinking to do a couple days from each location diving to get a wider array of dives. Those two shops are affiliated so I wonder about getting package of dives with them at the two shops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom