Cabo Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LLKZ16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Date: 8/21 – 8/22
Dive Location: Cabo (from Lands End to North Wall)
Buddy(ies): Divemaster Ivan and a few more
Bottom Time: 50 / 54 / 45 / 45
Max Depth: 72 / 82 / 74 / 92
Vis: 50 - 70 FT
Temp at depth: 78 / 77 / 75 / 77

Just got back from Cabo for 3 days of diving that turned into 2 thanks to hurricane Ileana. I went with Underwater Diversions and after speaking to the owner, seeing the operation and diving with them (Ivan is a great guide), I would have to say that they are the best dive operator in all of Cabo. The 2 days and 4 dives were awesome.

The day before I arrived they were visited by a whale shark out at Lands End. (DAMN! 1 day late….lol)

I just got my Olympus SP-350 with housing and it preformed perfectly. This is one great camera!

There is way too much to talk about so below are a few key pictures.

abf1.jpg

aeel2.jpg

aeel3.jpg

aeel4.jpg

afan2.jpg

aMI1.jpg

anudi1.jpg

anudi2.jpg

ape1.jpg

apf2.jpg

apuff1.jpg

apuff2.jpg

ash4.jpg

ash5.jpg

Thanks for the report and great pics.

WOW! Nice pictures I love Cabo diving and I even got the Underwater Diversions T-shirt :D

Thanks for the report and wonderful pics.

Which dive sites did you visit?

Great pics! You're making me wish I was going back this year! Love the white nudi.

I had Ivan as a DM (out of Land's End Divers); he's fun. Great pics! Love the green morays!

Outstanding Christmas Tree worm, esp. w/ the itty bitty spotted moray nearby!

Wow, great water temps too! When we were in Cabo last May/June (05), the temps were 65-70F at the surface!

That is why I like Cabo in Oct-Nov

I was reading your post on Cabo because I'm planning on being there in February. I have been there during February before and know that it isn't prime dive time but it's a chance to get wet. I'm thinking about buying a new camera and was impressed with the photos you got with your Olympus SP-350. I was curious about lighting. Did you use the flash on the camera alone or did you add an external strobe? If so, what additional strobe did you add? Thanks. Joe

jahhaas:
I was reading your post on Cabo because I'm planning on being there in February. I have been there during February before and know that it isn't prime dive time but it's a chance to get wet. I'm thinking about buying a new camera and was impressed with the photos you got with your Olympus SP-350. I was curious about lighting. Did you use the flash on the camera alone or did you add an external strobe? If so, what additional strobe did you add? Thanks. Joe

Joe,

For the shots I took, I did not have a strobe. It was just the camera with the Oly PT-030 housing. Since I live in SoCal and the vis can sometimes be 5ft, so I am doing research on what my strobe choices are. Overall, I really like this camera in and out of water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom