Cabilao or ?? Would like long dives close to shore...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Si

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls..

I know im going to get spanked for not posting on here for ages... It is just too much Veitch for me to handle being on here and wetpixel and having him on my MSN... Too much of a good thing!

I'm trying to sort out tickets to Asia for this summer.. Im heading to Bali in May, then heading over to the PI via Singapore for late May (28th or 29th) to hopefully complete a few 2 hour dives on Basura before heading over to PG.

After the workshop im hoping to spend a bit of time in the Philippines and i'm thinking of Cabilao, unless someone can come up with somewhere else with top notch shore diving/close to shore diving?

Also, i assume the best way to PG from Bali is via Singapore and Manila. But for the return leg if i do go to Cabilao would i be better off flying from Cebu to Singapore?

I hope you are all well and enjoying life!

ah-ha, so the hassling continues in MSN?!

it is better to take the flight to SG from cebu if you end your diving trip in Cabilao. the airport is nicer, and its less crowdy than Manila Int'l airport.

Scuba_Si:
Hey Guys and Girls..

I know im going to get spanked for not posting on here for ages... It is just too much Veitch for me to handle being on here and wetpixel and having him on my MSN... Too much of a good thing!

I'm trying to sort out tickets to Asia for this summer.. Im heading to Bali in May, then heading over to the PI via Singapore for late May (28th or 29th) to hopefully complete a few 2 hour dives on Basura before heading over to PG.

After the workshop im hoping to spend a bit of time in the Philippines and i'm thinking of Cabilao, unless someone can come up with somewhere else with top notch shore diving/close to shore diving?

Also, i assume the best way to PG from Bali is via Singapore and Manila. But for the return leg if i do go to Cabilao would i be better off flying from Cebu to Singapore?

I hope you are all well and enjoying life!

Simon, yes departing from Cebu would be more bearable... Even thought I flew PAL both from Cebu to Manila and Manila to HK, I had to go through the friggin immigration line in Manila AND PAY FOR THE p550 AIRPORT FEE THERE again!!!

As for long shore dives, the folks I dived with on Cabilao were pretty relaxed. Although they would say dive time 60 min max during the briefings, I had a number of 60+ min dives on my log as my DM was pretty cool about it. On top of the pygmies in the deep, you'll have a hoot with all the interesting critters they have in the shallows.

I'm headed there next week Simon. I'll make sure to let them know how you like to trash reefs and always run out of air...:wink:

I might just join you in Anilao before PG.

Diver Dennis:
I'm headed there next week Simon. I'll make sure to let them know how you like to trash reefs and always run out of air...:wink:

I might just join you in Anilao before PG.

Dennis (aka Kalbo Sr.).. We have an age limit... Not sure if you can make it :wink:

I've never tried Malapascua, i might give that a shot instead. To be honest though, im not opposed to spending more time in anilao after the workshop, i saw a post on wetpixel from a place called 'Solana' does anyone know this place?

My thinking is that as i'll be on my own (unless anyone wants to join me) it will be cheaper to dive in a place with a good housereef as i wont need a boat for all my dives, and a photo friendly place will hopefully allow me a few 2hour dives in the muck.

Hopefully i wont be drinking this time so i will be all about the diving. No more licking Kalbo Jr's head after too many SMB's....

Scuba_Si:
Dennis (aka Kalbo Sr.).. We have an age limit... Not sure if you can make it :wink:

I've never tried Malapascua, i might give that a shot instead. To be honest though, im not opposed to spending more time in anilao after the workshop, i saw a post on wetpixel from a place called 'Solana' does anyone know this place?

My thinking is that as i'll be on my own (unless anyone wants to join me) it will be cheaper to dive in a place with a good housereef as i wont need a boat for all my dives, and a photo friendly place will hopefully allow me a few 2hour dives in the muck.

Hopefully i wont be drinking this time so i will be all about the diving. No more licking Kalbo Jr's head after too many SMB's....

there's a jr. and sr. kalbo. waaaa! i don't think it's the SMB's that did you that night, simon. it's more of a mixture of SMB's and kalbo III's tequila :D

you can pm 'solanabezo' for rates. i haven't stayed there but it's supposed to be a really lovely resort in anilao.

its a nice resort with great service. its DMs were specifically trained to be spotters for photographers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom