C370 love it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There isn’t a single hose regulator that will not put bubbles in your face in some odd position, but a DH makes it nearly impossible. I rarely see bubbles with the D420 or any other reg. When I do it’s from moving into a position that puts my mask into the trouble zone, doesn’t happen often enough to be an issue, don’t seek faults, it may lead to less irritation :wink:
Why can’t a single hose regulator have the exhaust T replaced with the exhaust half of a double hose regulator with the opening secured to behind the head?

Why can’t a single hose regulator have the exhaust T replaced with the exhaust half of a double hose regulator with the opening secured to behind the head?
It probably could, likely not really practical but should be possible.

Short answer is that effectively puts the exhaust too far from the diaphragm and causes free flow. It has been tried.

Respectfully,

James

Short answer is that effectively puts the exhaust too far from the diaphragm and causes free flow. It has been tried.

Respectfully,

James
What is the hose was open along the bottom so that it was more of a bubble guide?

Well, I had bubbles today.... They were however behind me, but not anything to do with respiration.... DIN retainer had come loose.... Thankfully dive was without incident. Be careful folks.

Well, I had bubbles today.... They were however behind me, but not anything to do with respiration.... DIN retainer had come loose.... Thankfully dive was without incident. Be careful folks.
A dive, yeah...

Yes, my own complacency has caused issues for me before, whilst cleaning my regs I'd inadvertently bent over exhaust valve, didn't notice till until got a mouth full of water, that'll teach me for not checking reg before getting in, a couple of breaths pre dive and I would've caught it. It's happened to me twice. Can't fix stupid.

I honestly thought you were talking about passing gas at first. One of my greatest fears when I'm guiding a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom