Buying used tanks old tanks and paint ball tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A straightedge is also useful for detecting unauthorized metal removal - if a tank has been stripped by aggressive blasting, or with a sander of grinding wheel, the surface will almost always be a little wavy.

That's exactly what I was thinking, and wondering about when I commented that I had never heard about the straight edge test as part of the VIP.

Vance, I wanted to take an opportunity to thank you in a public forum for your great books; the regulator book has helped me immensely. You've done a real service to the diving community.

Got my al80 back from hydro/vip and it passed and they filled it up with air.

So for $55 tank and inspections I have a full al80.

As luck would have it I also took another tank for air that was current hydro (for 1 more year) and had current vis and they accidentely re-tested the tank for hydro and viz. Since it was their fault he was going to let it go and in his fluster he wasn't even going to charge me for the fill. I walked to the car and my conscious said it was wrong. So I went in and explained I would need a new hydro in a year anyway and gave him a $10. And we both felt better about the deal. That tank was a 2006 al50 that I bought with with current vip shipped for $95

2 more al80's or maybe a 120-130 and another al50 and I'll have what I want.

.....snip...2 more al80's or maybe a 120-130 and another al50 and I'll have what I want.

By that, I'm sure you mean you already have a set of double 72s, a single 72 and a hp 100....right? :wink: Now you can start on your regulator collection.

I too, have jousted the old tank windmill. I had a pair of older AL 80's and one was dated in Feb 86 (Luxfer) had to scrap it. Had another dated May 86' still in use! I guess the recall applies to certain seial #s.

Hey Couv whats the crawfish season looking like. I know it earlier and just getting started but they usually have a good prediction if crawfish will be good or or not about now.

We need to order a few sacks here in a couple of weeks and it's seafood gumbo this weekend.

By that, I'm sure you mean you already have a set of double 72s, a single 72 and a hp 100....right? :wink:

That's exactly what I have for steel tanks, what a coincidence! BTW, I just got a hot pink AL63 for free. (well, $18 for the hydro)

Hey Couv whats the crawfish season looking like. I know it earlier and just getting started but they usually have a good prediction if crawfish will be good or or not about now.

We need to order a few sacks here in a couple of weeks and it's seafood gumbo this weekend.

Thanks to global warming that has caused more than average cold weather in Louisiana, the season is off to a slow start. Pray for rain and early spring type weather.

Laissez le bon temps roulet,

Couv

That's exactly what I have for steel tanks, what a coincidence! BTW, I just got a hot pink AL63 for free. (well, $18 for the hydro)

:D must be contagious....I just inherited another 72, it will need a tumble and it's out of hydro, but if it's free, it's for me.

c

Is your new 72 galvanized? Is it the one you needed a valve for, or is there yet another new one?

When are you getting aquarena certified, Couv? :D

Back
Top Bottom