Buying used tanks old tanks and paint ball tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt,

Lets see, I don't remember if I told you about both tanks I inherited. Yes, the one you sent the valve for is galvanized, has one year left on the hydro, but my neighbor just bought a boro scope so I had a good look in it and it definitely needs a tumble. The other tank is out of hydro, has an epoxy coating and needs a tumble. I will consider having the coating removed and a galvanized coating applied. If it's too expensive, I'll do it myself using the instructions you gave me (that you might have to give me again.)

Aquarena....err....ahhhh...soon, yeah....well maybe not real soon, but uhhh...soon. Perhaps you need to tell (convince) me more about it. I get the feeling I'll have to pay for a course that will "allow" me to help keep a dive spot clean. I am open minded about it, but my diving budget might need a little persuasion, so sell me on it. (you may want to do that through an email or start another thread)

c

Alright couv and matt,

How are you guys scoring free tanks????

Especially steel 72's couv???? Is that some of that there coonass voodoo? Maybe if I could eat shrimp po-boys everyday, I'd find some free 72's too?

:D

Actually, I'd just be happy to pay someone for some steel 104's.

.....and that ain't the half of it, I put paint remover and scraped the paint off of them yesterday. They are BOTH galvanized! Both PST....Matt sent me the REE. Downside is they both need a tumble and one has an expired hydro, the other has one year left.

A little gris-gris goes a long way....time to go listen to Dr. John's, "Walk on Guilded Splinters."

Couv

I paid for my 72s, about $50 each if I remember. Add to that hydro, vis, tumble, can of paint stripper, 4 cans of ZRC galvilite, and total cost was about $100 each. But then you have like-new steel tanks that are perfect for the shallow local dives around here.

The AL63 was given to a friend who used to dive, and he gave it to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom