Buying gear on holiday.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bloofish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for advice about buying gear in Mexico.

I live in RIP OFF Britain and had been looking at buying gear before going on holiday to Mexico. Can anyone advise of the prices for regulator packages down there. I'm going to be staying at Riviera Maya.

Prices here are around £225 for Scubapro mk2/r295/octo and twin gauge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We're expats currently living in the US and we look at scuba prices in the UK when we're there visiting family and we think that, if anything, the prices are slightly cheaper in the UK than the US!

Though I've no idea whether prices would be cheaper still in Mexico.

I frequent Cozumel and try to ensure I don't need anything when I go there. Pickings are not great and the prices seem high compared to the US.

I frequent Cozumel and try to ensure I don't need anything when I go there. Pickings are not great and the prices seem high compared to the US.

I second this. Remember some years ago I needed a HP hose down there, and the only option I could find was wrong length for USD50.-

My recommendation would be to try online dealers that ship international, rather than buying local in a far away country. In this case, you can at least mail back for warranty purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom