Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilclown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anybody purchased from leisurepro? are they reputable? they seem like it to me, but saw a post somewhere that said they are NOT authorized dealers from some of the brands they carry? not sure how that is possible? thanks!

Has anybody purchased from leisurepro? are they reputable? they seem like it to me, but saw a post somewhere that said they are NOT authorized dealers from some of the brands they carry? not sure how that is possible? thanks!

:deadhorse:

Try the "search" function.

Terry

How mnay times do we see this question been asked. I think it was only last month.

The correct solution:

Decide what you want.
Check out the price on the Leisure Pro website.
Call ScubaToys, a far more reputable dealer, and they will match the price!

I have gotten many items from them without any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from 'em.

Definitely search on the topic as this has been covered before.

That said, you'll find that the answer depends on what you want. Some people prefer to shop only with authorized dealers with direct manufacturer relationships, others prefer the best price from someone that's known and has been around. For the most part Leisure Pro sells gear that it acquires indirectly and is not selling as an authorized dealer for many lines. They have their own warranty and return policies which may or may not meet your needs, but it's definitely different than buying from your local shop or an online retailer selling only directly purchased products. They've also been in business for a long time and have sold a lot of gear... something which speaks to reliability, but again, searches will speak to this even more.

For some not being an authorized dealer is not an issue, for others it is -- I would certainly never generalize that you should stay away or jump on board, that's really up to you.

Of course it also matters type of gear you want... buying a couple bottles of wetsuit cleaner is a lot different than a new set of regs. I

've had my share of orders with various online shops and will continue to do so in the future; heck most of my gear now comes from the web. Who I buy from depends on what I'm buying and what I need from it (occasional use versus primary piece of gear) as well as who the manufacturer is (some brands that I dive don't sell online via authorized retailers). I've had a few packages from Leisure Pro show up in the mail over time and have not had an issue, although I also haven't had anything come from them likely to cause one either.

What is this magical search everyone keeps talking about? i typed in leisurepro in the search box, looked at the first 150 listings and none of them have leisurepro or anything remotely close in the title? What am i supposed to do? What would be the "correct" way to serch? Please enlighten me.

This post is from Leisure Pro Brett, their official spokesman discussing their warranty. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3378680-post5.html

This topic has been discussed repeatedly here so I would suggest that you contact him with your concerns if the results of a search don't answer your questions. Although Ted S. seems to have covered it pretty well.

I've bought fins, boots, replacement parts and other sub$200 items from LP as the likelihood of needing factory service is remote. The items I purchased were in stock, shipment was fast and convenient.

Personally I'll continue to buy regs, computers, gauges etc. either locally or from Scubatoys who does provide a full mfr's. warranty on everything they sell. As mentioned above, Scubatoys will match prices with LP. As will Divers Direct on items sold at Scubatoys. Never tried a pricematch with DD and LP.

If you're wanting to save money, ST offers a 10% discount for Scubaboard members. Posting on their forum also gets you one time $10 and $50 gift certificates after the required # of posts.

Last edited:
What is this magical search everyone keeps talking about? i typed in leisurepro in the search box, looked at the first 150 listings and none of them have leisurepro or anything remotely close in the title? What am i supposed to do? What would be the "correct" way to serch? Please enlighten me.
It's not our fault..LOL. The .vbulletin search function isn't the easiest to manipulate.

I'd suggest using Google to search Scubaboard for more on-topic results.

Two ways to do this:

In a google window type: LeisurePro site:scubaboard.com

or use Google custom search:

Scubaboard custom search

No problem, evilclown, there are a hundred other topics we rehash here pretty regularly. I have bought several items from LeisurePro and can recommend them, along with Scubatoys, Divesports, Deep Sea Supply, and DiveRite Express. LeisurePro matches the manufacturer's warranty for products they are not authorized dealers for.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom