Buying dive gear in Singapore in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello there. I spent a couple days in Singapore last December on my way home from Indonesia. One thing to note that Singapore has a special tourist refund where they will refund the sales tax on any items that you purchase there, provided that you leave the country with them. You can apply and receive your refund at the customs counter. You can find more information if you google search "Singapore tourist refund". Depending on what you buy, it may or may not be worth it.

One more thing I want to add about buying equipment in a foreign country... Last year I bought a Seaquest (Aqualung) BC at a dive shop in Palau. I took my BC in for service last week and was told that because I bought my BC outside of the country where I live that the warranty is not honored. I did everything correctly. The dive shop was a licensed Aqualung dealer and I registered it via the aqualung website as soon as I got home. But somewhere in the fine print is some exception.

Anyway, the warranty policy will vary from vendor to vendor so it would be a good idea to check with them first before you make any major purchases abroad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom