Buying Computer in HK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! New diver here, justgot PADI certified.

I'll be in HK in July. Is it a good place to buy a computer? Looking for a beginner-intermediate computer, something that I can use for many years without outgrowing. Budget is about $500-1000 USD. I would like to stick to the lower end of the price range, unless I can get a great deal on a much better computer. I'll probably stop by a few of the stores in the stickied post of HK dive shops. Any other places I should look?

Any other gear worth getting in HK?

Welcome to SB.

Why HK? Is it price? For a computer I would place great value on the warranty. It depends on the brand, but some effectively have a global warranty, some do not and won't want to know you for free.

BTW are you a Riccardo fan or ... :)

Two budget computers is better than one expensive one. They are all the same if only used for recreational dive.
Try Pacific Ocean in Jordan, Jordan MTR station is stone throw away.
All dive shop will offer instant discount so make sure you know the real retail price back in your own country first.
US$250.00(HK$2,000.00) is the max that I would pay.

Welcome to SB.

Why HK? Is it price? For a computer I would place great value on the warranty. It depends on the brand, but some effectively have a global warranty, some do not and won't want to know you for free.

BTW are you a Riccardo fan or ... :)
Hi, thanks! I read on here that some scuba products are much cheaper in HK than elsewhere. I will check warranty info and my local prices before committing.

Who is Riccardo? I don't understand the reference...haha

Reactions: Jay
Two budget computers is better than one expensive one. They are all the same if only used for recreational dive.
Try Pacific Ocean in Jordan, Jordan MTR station is stone throw away.
All dive shop will offer instant discount so make sure you know the real retail price back in your own country first.
US$250.00(HK$2,000.00) is the max that I would pay.
Thanks for the info. I'll give Pacific Ocean a try.

Hi, thanks! I read on here that some scuba products are much cheaper in HK than elsewhere. I will check warranty info and my local prices before committing.

Who is Riccardo? I don't understand the reference...haha

He's an OZ F1 driver who has it as his mascot.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 11.45.10 am.png

Crest CR4 listed at HK$1,700.00( just over US$200.00).
They still have stock as today.

You could just buy a Shearwater Peregrine before you leave, which comes in at the low end of your budget with a nice display and a well-documented algorithm.

Crest CR4 listed at HK$1,700.00( just over US$200.00).
They still have stock as today.

I have the deep6 version and quite like it. My buddy 2 weekends ago had the crest, and seems identical to the deep6. if you don't have interest in the tech update then the crest should do you well and you can't beat it for 200 USD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom