Buying a compressor to save money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If one wanted to have a compressor at there house so the could do Nitrox cave fills without taking out a loan... Ok maybe a small loan.. where would they start? There seems to be so much information but for the life of me I am overwhelmed.

If one wanted to have a compressor at there house so the could do Nitrox cave fills without taking out a loan... Ok maybe a small loan.. where would they start? There seems to be so much information but for the life of me I am overwhelmed.

I'm working on that. I just ordered a compressor for air and making sure I can maintain O2 clean tanks for PPB. Right now with a 2 bottle air bank I'm at 6k. If I decide to do nitrox I'll see what cost is for O2 bottles.

I'm working on that. I just ordered a compressor for air and making sure I can maintain O2 clean tanks for PPB. Right now with a 2 bottle air bank I'm at 6k. If I decide to do nitrox I'll see what cost is for O2 bottles.

My LDS mentioned a "membrane"?? for doing nitrox then you don't have to do the bottles? Does that make sense?

My LDS mentioned a "membrane"?? for doing nitrox then you don't have to do the bottles? Does that make sense?

Not really, I'm doing a 2 bottle cascade air system. Still not sure what a membrane is

I'm the IT guy for a fire department. I wonder if the standard they maintain is acceptable for SCUBA tanks.

Not really, I'm doing a 2 bottle cascade air system. Still not sure what a membrane is
A membrane is exactly what is says. The air is pushed through the membrane and some of the nitrogen is stopped from going through. This means that the oxygen content on the other side of the membrane is higher than before. It is similar to the principle of how salt water is made into fresh water by a desalinator (like I had on my yacht).

Read the link in my post a few above your post. Explains it all in detail.

A membrane is exactly what is says. The air is pushed through the membrane and some of the nitrogen is stopped from going through. This means that the oxygen content on the other side of the membrane is higher than before. It is similar to the principle of how salt water is made into fresh water by a desalinator (like I had on my yacht).

So a reverse osmosis system for air. Sounds really expensive.

If I do nitrox I'll PPB or bank 40 and blend down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom