buying a bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mayastig:
i think ive pretty much made up my mind...i really plan to go tech (wreck, maybe even cave?) so i have to try a bp/w setup
there you go! good choice and good luck with your dive "career"... i remember something jai told me (he's also a tech diver pala and taking his DSAT instructor certs)... he quit smoking and drinking when he went tech, not because of the lifestyle thing but because he didn't want to die...

made me realize there's a lot more to it than expensive gear, deep dives and fancy air...

learn what you can tapos kwentohan mo kami...

Jag

shugar:
he quit smoking and drinking when he went tech, not because of the lifestyle thing but because he didn't want to die...

Jag

why do you think i bust my a55 doing cardio and weights? hehe the better you are conditioned the better your body can cope with a VERY alien environment:)

Spoon:
why do you think i bust my a55 doing cardio and weights? hehe the better you are conditioned the better your body can cope with a VERY alien environment:)

I totally agree with this, although I have been lazy for the past few weeks. I've noticed the better conditioned I am, the better I feel after diving.

My target for 2006...to be able to do 275m under 14 minutes...hehehe. Tried timing myself today, I'm about a couple of minutes off...I know it may not mean much to the better swimmers out there...but I need to accomplish to be able to attend a "special"classeyebrow...hehehe.

So until I achieve, this, that "special" class would just be a pipe dream. But then again, the longer it takes me to achieve it, the more time I have to save up to get the gear....bwahahahaha.

laugh.gif

thanks for the support, i thought id get flamed after deciding :) my basis was 1. i knew what i wanted so why not make the first set of equipment count 2. i dont like the idea of having to buy a second bc just to start tech (its too expensive!) and 3. if i can get the right equipment now, on the way to the experience and certs before tech, id have been accustomed to the gear setup already (i read that knowing your gear like the back of your hand is very important esp in emergency scenarios, makes a lot of sense and it would be hard if i had to buy another bc just for tech...id have to get accustomed to it all over again).

mayastig:
thanks for the support, i thought id get flamed after deciding :) my basis was 1. i knew what i wanted so why not make the first set of equipment count 2. i dont like the idea of having to buy a second bc just to start tech (its too expensive!) and 3. if i can get the right equipment now, on the way to the experience and certs before tech, id have been accustomed to the gear setup already (i read that knowing your gear like the back of your hand is very important esp in emergency scenarios, makes a lot of sense and it would be hard if i had to buy another bc just for tech...id have to get accustomed to it all over again).

you're on the right track...lucky you. good luck bro.

greatwolf:
I totally agree with this, although I have been lazy for the past few weeks. I've noticed the better conditioned I am, the better I feel after diving.

i agree. its like this 2 week christmas festivities has totally demolished my hard, earned consistent training routine. oh well i have a quota, 5 more pounds to gain then back to gym after the holidays

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom