Buy Guages now - Computer later?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIG Cobra fan here... I really like the air integration. You will be able to use it for anything you encounter down the line as your diving progresses. Nitrox ect...

If it is a matter of money buy the guage console and use it until you get the money together for the computer you want. If it's not money buy the computer. I don't care much for wrist mounted computers but that is just my opinion. I dove with gauges the first 3 years of my diving because I couldn't afford a computer. Now that I have one I love it. The only problem with using gauges is diving with friends with computers. Gauges mean you are going to be using the tables and your friends won't. You will be required to take a longer surface interval and dive a more conservative profile than divers with a computer but that may not be a bad thing.

Scott

Im a new diver and started off buying console mounted gauges. A Mares Mission 3D. I never dove with it.. I wound up going ahead and getting a Cobra and sold the Mission 3D to a fellow Scubaboarder.

I love the cobra. I bought mine at DiveInn as well. Saved me $400 getting it from there instead of my LDS. Of course the owner of my LDS wasnt too happy with me though. :(

I got the Dive Manager software (you can download it for free from Suunto's homepage

www.suunto.com

Should you go with the cobra (ebay bid) you should consider getting the dive manager hardware so you can download your dive data directly into your dive manager software. Its awesome. Another good little investment is the "quick disconnect" With this little tool you quickly disconnect your computer from your first stage either at the first stage or at the computer itself. This helps when doing downloads, or when going on trips. You can run dive simulations while on the plane, or in the car during road trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom