But I poop in the late morning (serious question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gravity is your friend. If I'm leaving home before my usual morning constitutional kicks in, I sometimes nip to next doors back garden and jump about on their kids trampoline for a while. That usually helps things along. Top tip; get changed first as doing it in your dressing gown can be considered inappropriate.

And there lays the case for the defence your honour!

On my regular Friday morning dive trip I'm up at 05:00 instead of 07:00. I eat breakfast standing and generally loading the last few bits and pieces into the car that has been pre-loaded with the tanks and dive gear the night before.

I do find that the movement between the house and the garage is sufficient to get things moving before I set off, and certainly if it isn't then after my 90-120 minute drive and drinking plenty of water / tea en route I can manage my business at the marina before departure as there will be more exercise loading my gear onto the boat.

It has been known for me to stop frequently at one of the petrol stations on the longer route for my dive buddy to do her business :wink:

Good to know I’m not the only one to consider Metamucil an essential item on dive trips.

Just one Imodium.

just can’t make this chit up! :)

This, so much this.
I have irritable bowel syndrome and there is no way I could go away for a day of diving without imodium.
If they are available I would definitely recommend imodium comp, they are much more effective imo and taking two in the morning will very effectively glue your bunghole shut for the entire day.
You might not enjoy pushing out what feels like a redwood sized log the day after, but hopefully the dives will be worth it :)

Can I ask if you are changing time zones?

Might have an impact.
yeah that makes it worse. Usually changing time zones, and that cloggs things up for the first couple of days. In vacation that's only a week long....

Interesting that some of you are suggesting MORE fiber, and other are suggesting LESS.

My problem is that it was time to go. So I'm thinking more fiber will slow the digestion process, but when it's time it's still time.
My current method is the time shift method (night before and early morning). I guess if that's unsuccessful then it's enema time.

Imodium IMO is no solution. Will just result in constipation and greater irregularity. There have been a number of good suggestions in the thread already that do not require medications.

Never seen such a bunch of Anal retentive whimps

Just hammer the head or pinch one on the dive ladder.

hint: a light application of vasoline first thing in the morning generates a remarkably effective hydrophobic buffer and makes for a clean getaway when only saline water is available.

Imodium IMO is no solution. Will just result in constipation and greater irregularity. There have been a number of good suggestions in the thread already that do not require medications.
If it is just for one day then it is definitely a solution, and one that works very well.
I've been taking them for 10+ years and they definitely help a lot.
I'd be willing to say that without them I would not have even half the amount of dives I have now.
They exist for a reason and they get the job done for some of us, if you don't have those issues then good for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom