But I poop in the late morning (serious question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poifromthebag

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My apologize for the subject matter, but I've actually got a serious question.

By day, I work in the office (normally). Which means I tend to have a coffee in the morning.... and then commonly nature calls (#2) promptly at 11am-ish. Normally, that's not a problem at all. But once a year I go diving and 11 is smack in the middle of the dive (especially on boat charters). It is unbelievable painful to have to hold it for a couple of hours and I really don't want to be the one to clog the little boat head. Trying before you leave for the day doesn't always work because it's not "time".

Anyone deal with this and have any suggestions?

Switch your schedule to once a week.

sundays preferably.

Hi @poifromthebag

I don't have this problem, but I can relate.

Change your schedule, starting a few days before your trip. Get up a little earlier and have breakfast and coffee. You might even consider adding a stool softener for this switch, something like docusate sodium. Make sure you are well hydrated, particularly after travel. Get up early on your dive trip and try to take care of business.

There's no problem with using the head on the boat, not all boats have a head.

Best of luck

Use the head. I was on a boat 3 times (same boat) that didn't HAVE a head, but I was lucky in not getting a visit from #2, or having to consider Warhammer (this was on the FL panhandle, not on exotic place's fishing boat...).
I do have problems in that area since my operation 2.5 years ago. Haven't had ONE day of constipation (silver lining), so I have to beware of my situation as well.
Regarding that headless boat, my poem--
"It's OK with me if ya gotta pee, but what do ya do with number two?"

In Florida, hanging your rear over the side is referred to as "releasing a Florida finless brown trout".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom