Bungee Adapters for Deep6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll give that STL a try on our resin printer at work Monday and test the fit and probably the breaking strength with our ABS resin. Great idea @SpecialTest. I always forget to try to make stuff at work instead of trying to buy it.

I make too many things... often getting them to that "good enough" point before actually finishing, and then never finishing.

I haven't made any more progress on these. With COVID, the holidays, and a couple major house projects, I've put it off for a bit.

I make too many things... often getting them to that "good enough" point before actually finishing, and then never finishing.

I haven't made any more progress on these. With COVID, the holidays, and a couple major house projects, I've put it off for a bit.
What kind of issues were you having? I have an excursion and modeling software and would be happy to mess with it.

I'm not having any problems, other than finding time to work on these.

I was just saying that most personal projects I get to "good enough" and never circle back and finish completely.

Managed to start some secondary ops (the hole for the computer lug) and had high fall out of mistakes due to the fact that I unwittingly got rid of most of my square surfaces by waterjetting them (kerf angle).

I saw this coming once I picked them up from the waterjet shop... one of the machinists was laughing at me, "See, look at what you have us make!"

I imagine my bad ones will still be usable, but will look crooked once mounted.

I've already got design changes for future revisions.

My project went untouched for a while and it worked it's way into the black hole known as my desk. Haven't been able to find 'em since. Ooops

Guess I'm startin' over. I'm scrapin' the "dust knuckle look" idea. Ended up chasing my tail trying to hold on to them during the secondary ops. Gonna see if I can find enough material in the scrap bin or order some new lengths of 6061.

If you provide a completed SolidWorks file that you're happy with, I may be able to talk the engineer & CNC guy at work to make one, or two...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom