Bungee Adapters for Deep6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally slick!

The space between the case and the lug pin is roughly 0.130" at most (nearest the lug holes) and under 0.090" in the middle. I want to use thicker (stronger) bungee than can fit through that. Also, doing it that way could potentially bend a break the pin. With an adapter, it makes it a (almost) purely shear force, which should be significantly more robust.

Went home during lunch to grab some bungee and the computer...
View attachment 621228

I don't really like how the adapters went vertical, but it's a result of me running the bungee round and round, opposed to three independent strands. I did it that way so the computer is still retained in the event of a lug/pin break.

View attachment 621229
I gotta admit, that looks really nice.

That looks like something that could be 3D printed without too much hassle, wouldn't be as slick but maybe more manageable for those without a machine shop.
Very nice idea!

That looks like something that could be 3D printed without too much hassle, wouldn't be as slick but maybe more manageable for those without a machine shop.
Very nice idea!

A co-worker was originally going to 3D print it as a prototype, but I got tired of waiting and didn't want to nag him over his free services...

I hope to find some time to build another set later this week. Nothing really wrong with the current version, but I want to get rid of the unnecessary radial cut on the case-side of the adapter, and some rounded edges.

I sent out for quote for the water-jetted knuckleduster looking version, but those will most likely stay a dream.

Primary version:
upload_2020-11-2_9-35-30.png

Knuckleduster version:
upload_2020-11-2_9-37-48.png

A co-worker was originally going to 3D print it as a prototype, but I got tired of waiting and didn't want to nag him over his free services...

I hope to find some time to build another set later this week. Nothing really wrong with the current version, but I want to get rid of the unnecessary radial cut on the case-side of the adapter, and some rounded edges.

I sent out for quote for the water-jetted knuckleduster looking version, but those will most likely stay a dream.

Primary version:
View attachment 621944

Knuckleduster version:
View attachment 621946
Do you have the design files for that, STL or CAD or what have you? I'll play around with it and see if I can print one off, if it works I'll drop the STL file here so folks can have a go.

Here's the STL file; I don't play with 3D printers so I'm not familiar with STL file types. So it could be borked for all I know.

Let me know if a different file type is preferred (was designed in Creo initially).

For the lug/pin hole, it's a 0.076" drill (I didn't bother reaming) which is a #48. That gave a nice fit on the lug, so I'd recommend printing undersized and drilling to size.

Attachments

• Bungee_Knuckleduster_Adapter.stl
    135.2 KB · Views: 67
Share with a fellow [Upstate] New Yorker?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom