Bunaken/Lembeh, DanielsResort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-SCUBADAVE-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im wondering if anyone has stayed at Daniels Resort & Immanuel Divers on Bunaken or Lembeh? I cant seem to find much in the way of reviews for this establishment.
This resort was recomended to me by Papa Klaus. info@bunaken-klaus.de, after explaining to him that I'd like to stay at a clean, budget resort that caters to solo backpackers/divers. Daniels is what he recommended.
'Two Fish' may be my second choice. Theyre home page states that they do well because they enjoy catering to couples and beginners though. I dont enjoy 25 minute dives because a beginner used up all thier air. Nor do I enjoy diving with couples who hold hands underwater and are off in thier own little world in/out of the water.
Supposedly Daniels has been around almost 20 years. Hoping someone has a bit of info. Im arriving in Manado Feb. 05, 2011. Wonder if I should be making reservations for this time of year. Think its the low/rainy season still.
Thanx
-SCUBADAVE-

Pretty certain that SB member and Indo forum regular "kathydee" has been there and recommends it. You might want to PM her. I've heard good things about it too.

Dave- I have stayed at Two-Fish and never had an issue with couples or new divers keeping me out of the water. There were a some new divers, and quite a few experienced "backpacking" divers from Germany and Switzerland there. My air consumption can be be pretty sick/on par with the guides, and I never once felt pressured to get out before it was time. Every trip was divided into three or four groups based on air consumption and, of course, those traveling together.

From a backpacker point of view (kick-a$$ dives, bed, fan, shower, food, shared western toilet) I have zero complaints.

Two Fish was able to provide a guide to my newly certified hubby in Nov 2007, so that my cousin & I (who were "more experienced") didn't have to stick to 18m... Think they would provide you with that kind of service too if they are not in the peak season...
Anyway have a great trip & do a trip report...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom