Bull shark attacks man from Deerfield Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you say Natural Selection????

Darwin%20Fish%20Gold%20Plaque%20(2127).jpg

An excellent candidate!

OneSpeed-- Dude I gotta sit at a table with you, drink some ales and hear your tales.. You are darn funny.

Quotes I have a problem with:

"So I swam a little closer and thought about spearing it.."
Why? I mean really do you think that would be a good idea

"While not considered particularly aggressive, bull sharks..."
I find Bullsharks to be very aggressive.

"He wants to one day return to the reef with his brother, Jorge Hernandez, of Tampa, and hunt down that shark...."

Dude, you got your ass kicked. Take it like a man and walk it off.

The awesome part of this:
his wife, Marlene Hernandez, 46, lifted the anchor and pulled her husband out of the waters once the shark let go. She then crafted a tourniquet and got the boat back to land, the family said.

Can she shoot? Can she cook Paella? Can she make Garlic bread without burning it? (uknowwhouare :wink: Sounds like he married a few rungs ahead of his natural ability.

douchebag should have poked a little harder with the spear aimed in the other direction

Unbeleivable! Just when you think you have read it all, another candidate comes along and tries to out-stupid someone else. I just hope the shark did not catch any diseases from biting this guy :)

OneSpeed-- Dude I gotta sit at a table with you, drink some ales and hear your tales.. You are darn funny.

Quotes I have a problem with:

The awesome part of this:
his wife, Marlene Hernandez, 46, lifted the anchor and pulled her husband out of the waters once the shark let go. She then crafted a tourniquet and got the boat back to land, the family said.

Can she shoot? Can she cook Paella? Can she make Garlic bread without burning it? (uknowwhouare :wink: Sounds like he married a few rungs ahead of his natural ability.
:rofl3:

I think a beer or two with both of you would be hilarious. I like your comment RE: marrying a few up the rung. I was thinking the same thing.

What do they say "you can't cure stupid...."

I'm sorry it happened - truly - b/c its a big price to pay for a little bit of stupidity - likely would not have happened if he had:
(a) not been spearfishing
(b) left it alone
(c) had a brain

His wife, OTOH, is welcome on my boat anytime!

And remember - sometimes when you are acting "muy macho" - the shark wins!

Yeah, and unfortunately, it will mean a price on the head of every shark currently cruising the Bahamas. Guys like this jerk are the ones that give sharks a bad name.

S S S S S Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and unfortunately, it will mean a price on the head of every shark currently cruising the Bahamas. Guys like this jerk are the ones that give sharks a bad name.

S S S S S Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy to say I doubt this will happen, every response I've seen to this guy on multiple forums, both fishing and diving, has pretty much been sympathetic to sharks, not morons. Thankfully the days of people being stupid enough to consider sharks villains in their own environment seem to be ending.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom