Budget action cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been using an intova sp2 for several years. I just like having a camera to document my dives and to share my experiences with my friends and family. The sp2 has served those concerns well, but it can be a little hard to use so I was looking at one of the go pro knock-offs. Are they pretty much all the same or does anyone know of a particularly better one? I'm not really interested in paying more than $100. I'd like the ability to add a red filter and to use go pro accessories. Thanks in advance.

A SJCAM 5000X Elite or a SJ7 bought from a Chinese vendor (you may have to wait 3 weeks for the delivery).
And the best part is: despite costing $100, it's actually better than any GoPro you can find out there. :)

I've had an Akaso EV7000 4K that has worked out for that sort of thing. I found it on a dive -- used to belong to a cliff diver who I was unable to identify, so I kept the camera.

I've had an Akaso EV7000 4K that has worked out for that sort of thing. I found it on a dive -- used to belong to a cliff diver who I was unable to identify, so I kept the camera.
This sounds much for sinister then intended.

I've owned 7 knock off GoPros of various versions. In good conditions they produce fine footage for casual viewing. Per dollar they are all excellent value. I would suggest considering what value you place on the footage. I took a sj6000 to Galapagos as a backup to a mirrorless. Looking back on the footage, I'm glad I had the backup but saddened I didn't invest in better quality because some of the footage could have been much better if shot by a better spec knock off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom