Buckle for small cylinders, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the grinder out and decrease the radius of a larger buckle to match your small cylinders.
A while ago he was fabbing his own buckles. Grinding on premade ones seems way too low brow (i.e. something I would do :wink:)

Get the grinder out and decrease the radius of a larger buckle to match your small cylinders.
I found no larger buckle which perfectly matches:
- ss
- Same profile as plastic buckles
- Same way of threading the belt through the buckle as plastic buckle

I tried grinding on such a buckle xDeep Cam Band With Ss Buckle Gurt | Diveinn Result was poor, buckle does not lay perfectly on cylinder. And I don't like they way the belt is threaded.

I found no larger buckle which perfectly matches:
- ss
- Same profile as plastic buckles
- Same way of threading the belt through the buckle as plastic buckle

I tried grinding on such a buckle xDeep Cam Band With Ss Buckle Gurt | Diveinn Result was poor, buckle does not lay perfectly on cylinder. And I don't like they way the belt is threaded.

It was just a suggestion, as always YMMV.

That said, if cutting the right radius is the problem, that’s a skills issue 🤣

It was just a suggestion, as always YMMV.

That said, if cutting the right radius is the problem, that’s a skills issue 🤣
It was not possible to cut the right radius, there is not enough side-wall to do so. The buckle's end was not laying on cylinder anymore. I even tried to bend buckle's end towards cylinder but again it did not work, the buckle did not close firmly anymore. Unforutunately I took no picture.

Thank for all the good ideas, please go ahead.

It was not possible to cut the right radius, there is not enough side-wall to do so. The buckle's end was not laying on cylinder anymore. I even tried to bend buckle's end towards cylinder but again it did not work, the buckle did not close firmly anymore. Unforutunately I took no picture.

Thank for all the good ideas, please go ahead.
What's the material? Thermoplastic? Heat, conform, cool, maybe.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom