Buckle for small cylinders, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if the bottle is so small that the velcro tail isnt working well just put an innertube band over the whole webbing and buckle unit
As the adjustment is made on D-ring side, not on buckle side, I expect the velcro to work perfectly on any size.

Look great, even better than Highland. I will order one of them and test it.
Befor ordering: does anyone use the Dive Rite buckle on very small cylinders? Can you please take a picture? Dive Rite and other sellers always just show a picture of 80cuft. I wonder it the buckle closes well on a small cylinder.

Hey man

Some call me lucky-diver as I don't chew into the metal of my tanks and have never broken a plastic buckle

I prefere some scratches on my tank instead of a broken plastic buckle.

But I have tightened and heated plastic buckles, and reduce their diameter, and haven't broken those either

Two standard size buckles on 50mm webbing, bent

050.JPG

I just can't have my rebreather bottles flopping around on skinny soft webbing

with steel buckles, making dozens of dents in my tanks

as no one could be bothered providing a better system

Equipment that damages other equipment is not a scene I care to be a part of

Good luck with your projects!

You can call me happy-buckle-bender

Reactions: Zef
Hey man

Some call me lucky-diver as I don't chew into the metal of my tanks and have never broken a plastic buckle

But I have tightened and heated, plastic buckles, to reduce their diameter, and haven't broken those either

Two standard size buckles on 50mm webbing, bent

View attachment 855559

I just can't have my rebreather bottles flopping around on skinny soft webbing

with steel buckles, making dozens of dents in my tanks

as no one could be bothered providing a better system

Equipment that damages other equipment is not a scene I care to be a part of

Good luck with your projects!

You can call me happy-buckle-bender
Looks great indeed. For me best solution is ss buckle including plastic protection pad, so no dammage on cylinders. If I do not find a reasonable ss buckle I will try to bend some plastic buckles as well.

But it's not really the best solution for anyone is it

Also considering the curve on my magnificent buckles up there fit perfectly my 2L and 3L steel cylinders

AP valves uk sell very short cam bands, that are standard on their rebreather to hold 2-3ltr cylinders is that what your after? I use one to attach my suit inflation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom