Buckle for small cylinders, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the adjustment is made on D-ring side, not on buckle side, I expect the velcro to work perfectly on any size.
They do not adjust crazy small. They won't fit an AL13 very well and you may have issues with the velcro positioning but the rubber band will negate the need for velcro

They do not adjust crazy small. They won't fit an AL13 very well and you may have issues with the velcro positioning but the rubber band will negate the need for velcro
I can easily sew new belts including well fitting velcros, so this will be no issue at all.

The important point is a well fitting buckle. It must close completely on a small cylinder. Small is 100mm of diameter=1 lt steel cylinder.

I can easily sew new belts including well fitting velcros, so this will be no issue at all.

The important point is a well fitting buckle. It must close completely on a small cylinder. Small is 100mm of diameter=1 lt steel cylinder.
If you are open to a 3d printed buckle I can see if I can whip something up. Potentially if that worked out I could make one out of stainless, but that would be a hell of a one-off. Given the mass of a small cylinder I think a good quality PETG composite or coated nylon print would stand up fine. I would probably make it to work with 1" webbing but again, if you are interested I can do whatever.

Another option would be a quick release hose clamp for this size.

1723487307149.png

I'm afraid to say the DGX bands are not going to latch very well on that tiny cylinder. I would use SS hose clamps

If you are open to a 3d printed buckle I can see if I can whip something up. Potentially if that worked out I could make one out of stainless, but that would be a hell of a one-off. Given the mass of a small cylinder I think a good quality PETG composite or coated nylon print would stand up fine. I would probably make it to work with 1" webbing but again, if you are interested I can do whatever.
I am not sure if I understand you right. You can print a ss buckle?

3D printing in plastic is an option if I don't get anything out of the box. My favourite still is a ss buckle which perfectly fits. Perhaps the Dive Rite product is the solution.

If not ss then a plastic buckle out of the box is second best. Perhaps AP is the solution.

I am waiting for some additional photos of Dive Rite and AP.

What is DGX?
dive gear express - the link to the small 1.5" cam bands you like. They wont work on an AL13 cylinder and definitely won't work on a 1L

Cam Straps - Dive Rite Such buckles work fine on 80cuft or 10lt. But I am looking for a buckle which fits 1lt and 2lt cylinders.

When using a common buckle it closes more or less which is not safe. Velcro becomes mandatory to keep the buckle closed. I don't like this at all.

The buckle's curve must have a smaller diameter, fitting to cylinder's diameter.

I hate plastic buckles and I like ss buckles. But here we are talking about light cylinders so a plastic buckle might be OK as well. Nevertheless I prefere ss.

Am I the only one having this problem?
Do you have access to an Over Center Buckle?

Truck stops in the US have them for sale for about $10.
They are used for cargo tie down.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom