Bucket List Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palau and Chuuk are awesome dive destinations but I would not consider either of them as cold water Robint :blinking: Cold water for me is anything that requires me to pull out my drysuit. 80 degrees and above? No way.

Didn't realize your Bucket List was only cold water destinations. Galapagos is not before 50 degrees either.

Also... Palau water temp was 82-84 degrees average, but I still wore a 3mm full suit and got cold by end of a few dives. Drift diving isn't work. When you are underwater for 60+ minutes a dive, 4-5 dives a day, your core temp drops as the week goes along. There were a couple of people on our liveaboard who insisted water was too warm to wear a suit, so by the end of the week they were all asking to rent one as they were shivering. Seriously.

Didn't realize your Bucket List was only cold water destinations. Galapagos is not before 50 degrees either.

Also... Palau water temp was 82-84 degrees average, but I still wore a 3mm full suit and got cold by end of a few dives. Drift diving isn't work. When you are underwater for 60+ minutes a dive, 4-5 dives a day, your core temp drops as the week goes along. There were a couple of people on our liveaboard who insisted water was too warm to wear a suit, so by the end of the week they were all asking to rent one as they were shivering. Seriously.

That was not my bucket list :no:. Richard was asking for cold water places that bring in a lot of divers so I mentioned what I knew to be some of the more famous ones. Some places in there are in my bucket list but my bucket list keeps changing. I think we all have two bucket lists. One is the realistic bucket list that you intend to go to based on your budget and time availability. Second one is the fantasy list. My realistic bucket list for the next 2 years includes:

Roatan (next month)
Cozumel (next year)
Red Sea (Also possible next year)
Passamaquoddy Bay (next year)
Channel Islands (sometime soon)

Once I am done with the Red Sea then I will look towards the cheaper Asia Pacific places.

Thailand
Maldives
Philippines

After that I will be rich and famous and then my bucket list will have Palau in there along with Fiji, Raja Ampat, PNG and Galapagos :banana:.

Do you believe every profile you read?
That's kind of the point, the profile is a joke, anybody can put anything.

I'm dismayed at your attitude. The profile is an opportunity to inform, not to mislead or lie.

I'm sure many are probably accurate, and I'll bet many are not.
Welcome to the internet.
It's the nature of the beast.
So you feel no compunction to be correct with yours? You just shrug and are happy to ignore accuracy? Why should anyone believe anything you say?

Interesting how the REALISTIC Bucket list is close to home and the Fantasy one further away. I suspect much of the diving in the coral Triangle is similar.

My bucket list includes a :duck: Quarry Dive :duck: yep.. just to see what all you guys are talking about

I've dived Florida and would like to dive Bonaire or something like that just to see what it is like compared to the GBR, Coral Triangle and Florida.

I find it fascinating to see critters in florida that are so similar yet subtly different to what we see here.

For me the bucket list is more about the critters and the people more than the Where:)

Tubataha, Philippines ; along with Coron, Apo Reef (Occidental Mindoro), Apo Island, Malapascua, Panglao Island,

Fiji – for about 30 days of island hopping and diving around the island chain.

Great Barrier Reef – Another multi week trip bouncing from one dive spot to another.

Poor Knights, White Island, NZ – only because all Kiwis rave on about these spots.

Rarotonga/Cook islands/Tahiti

Layang Layang and Sipadan, Borneo Malaysia

Palau

Chuuk-Truk Lagoon (Thank you Robint for suggesting this place!)

Koh Samui, Koh Lipe, Koh Lanta (Krabi) Thailand.

Sri Lanka / Maldives / Seychelles

Truk Lagoon...which is to stops to the West on United from me...

Palau

Sipidan

Full Cave Diver Course with Jim Wyatt

Sidemount with Andy Davis in Subic PI

Anywhere with my daughter and/or GF

---------- Post added October 28th, 2015 at 09:47 PM ----------

Do you believe every profile you read?
That's kind of the point, the profile is a joke, anybody can put anything.

Dude...do you really want to come across as a pompous jerk with your business website in your signature? How do you want others to perceive you?

Interesting how the REALISTIC Bucket list is close to home and the Fantasy one further away. I suspect much of the diving in the coral Triangle is similar.

My bucket list includes a :duck: Quarry Dive :duck: yep.. just to see what all you guys are talking about

I've dived Florida and would like to dive Bonaire or something like that just to see what it is like compared to the GBR, Coral Triangle and Florida.

I find it fascinating to see critters in florida that are so similar yet subtly different to what we see here.

For me the bucket list is more about the critters and the people more than the Where:)

My bucket list is definitely focused on the critters. Although places like Truk is about the where since I love wrecks. The more history behind them the better. For anyone who has been to Truk, how is the fish and coral life there? I do realize though that this is not the reason for someone to visit there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom