broken finger :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Broke my left pinky last night digging at a cave..

No diving for me for 6 weeks ;-0

Originally posted by jonnythan
Broke my left pinky last night digging at a cave..

No diving for me for 6 weeks ;-0

Know just exactly how you feel....blew out my knee this week and will be laid up for 8 weeks!! No diving until maybe August. I am already getting cabin fever.

what's the problem with diving with a broken pinky? Broken leg, yeah, but a pinky? I know a guy that went diving with a broken arm. He said it wasn't a big deal, just kept it in close during the dive, he even said the weightlessness felt better on it.

Mike

You have my sympathy. But a broken pinky didn't stop me from diving. Mind you I really didn't know I broke if for awhile.

Don't know how you did it -- I broke my after DMing a OW class at the local pool. I had place one tank into the car, and was placing the second tank in, when - well lets just say I made a tank sandwich, with my finger as the filling. OUCH....

I had a dive scheduled the next day, and off I went, everyone on the boat helped me getting kitted up properly - and all was well, sort of. The finger was a gorgeous shade by this time, but as long as I didn't put any pressure on it, I was able to handle it.

If your doctor is saying not diving, don't dive -- but if not, get it cleared - you might be allowed.

broken toe. The lobotomy helped but kicking was the pits!

I dunno..getting that thick as heck wetsuit and those gloves on..

Maybe in a couple weeks I'll use a small metal splint and go diving.

The large section of the pinky is broken clean through and there's a lot of tissue damage around it.. it got bashed by a 300 lb rock.

I see an orthopedist in a week, I'll ask him

Thanks for the support.. you guys rock :)

Originally posted by NetDoc
It is a neccesity for most people from New York to be able to drive. :tease:

don't forget about the Los Angeles freeways, NetDoc!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom