Broken clavicle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exciting update.

My physical therapy has continued to progress very well. I am just about back to 100% pre-accident range of motion. My strength is also returning quickly.

I had my 6-week post-surgery checkup this morning. The break is healing very well and the incision has fully closed. I have been fully cleared from all limitations!! I am able to progress to full weight bearing exercises and physical therapy as tolerable. I will continue with physical therapy for the next 4-6 weeks to help me get back to a full 100%.

I have also been cleared to return to all water activities (swimming, snorkeling, diving)!! My only limitation is to stay within my physical abilities as tolerable as I continue to recover.

X-ray immediately following my accident 8/31:

Jim Clavicle Break 2 circled 31-Aug-2023.jpg

X-ray from this morning:

Left Clavicle 2 23-Oct-2023.jpg

X-ray from this morning:
TSA > Please remove your belt and your SHIRT......We're pretty sure you're hiding a sharp instrument !!

TSA > Please remove your belt and your SHIRT......We're pretty sure you're hiding a sharp instrument !!
Yup. I’ll never get through without being wanded ever again!

I finally got back in the water today! It’s also my birthday. An extra special birthday gift! :yeahbaby:

10 weeks + 1 day post bike accident and 9 weeks + 1 day post repair surgery.

It felt fantastic!!! No issues at all. Only residual impact is slight soreness at the incision site where the shoulder harness crosses over the incision. No noticeable mobility or strength issues today.

I’m diving Sat & Sun as well. So thankful to be back to diving!

I finally got back in the water today! It’s also my birthday. An extra special birthday gift! :yeahbaby:

10 weeks + 1 day post bike accident and 9 weeks + 1 day post repair surgery.

It felt fantastic!!! No issues at all. Only residual impact is slight soreness at the incision site where the shoulder harness crosses over the incision. No noticeable mobility or strength issues today.

I’m diving Sat & Sun as well. So thankful to be back to diving!
Love it. I'm glad you're back!

So thankful to be back to diving
See any sharks trying to give you a fresh incision ??

Back
Top Bottom