Broken finger loop on spring strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Halcyon straps. No loop. No problem.

My Jets have no loops, but my EXP's do. With or without, no big deal. You can always take some 550 cord and make your own loop.

Agree with the 550 cord.

Maybe I'm dense, but I don't have any kind of loops on my spring straps. I use my fingers and pull 'em over my heel. Why do you need them?

Some of them have loops, and they're kind of handy when the straps are tight and you're wearing thick gloves. Sometimes it's hard to work your fingers in between the side of the strap and your foot. They aren't NECESSARY, but they're kind of convenient.

I have one set with the loops and one set without loops. When I use the set with loops for a while, they seem easier. When I use the set without loops for a while, I realize that the springs ARE the loop and they seem easier. I would think the least easy to use ones would be the ones with the broken loop because you're left with a wide band of rubber to get your finger under. In the end, I think whatever you're used to is easiest.

For my gal I sewed on some 2" webbing folded over the spring strap as the ones that came on her XS Scuba spring straps was too small for her to grab with dry gloves on.

Have you contacted the manufacturer? They might warranty the rubber piece.

.. the ones that came on her XS Scuba spring straps was too small for her to grab with dry gloves on.
They are too small to use under almost any circumstance and IMO are a PITA should be cut off to get them out of the way.

All you have to do is lose a fin because that damned little loop broke and you will never use or want them again.

At least that is what my "friend" told me.

I'm not following your logic here.....

All you have to do is lose a fin because that damned little loop broke and you will never use or want them again.

At least that is what my "friend" told me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom