Broken finger loop on spring strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amw5g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The missus broke the rubber finger loop on her fin spring strap yesterday. Any chance this is repairable? She said she'll just grab the strap itself from now on, but if it can be remedied, I'd give it a go.
Cheers,
Amw 5G

The missus broke the rubber finger loop on her fin spring strap yesterday. Any chance this is repairable? She said she'll just grab the strap itself from now on, but if it can be remedied, I'd give it a go.
Cheers,
Amw 5G

What brand is it? I would think not, repairable that is. You should be able to order another from manufacturer or dealer, I have done so with my Apollo springs before. Good luck.

I have two sets of spring straps from two different companies, and neither one had a finger loop to begin with. I am guessing she should be OK.

If you really like the loop (and they're handy for hanging the fins up) and the rubber cover on the spring has some slots in it, as ours do, you can replace the loop with a heavy-duty zip tie and it works quite well. This is what my husband has done with his.

Reactions: Jax
My Jets have no loops, but my EXP's do. With or without, no big deal. You can always take some 550 cord and make your own loop.

E-Z Spring straps. As evad pointed out and boulderjohn seconded, I expect no ill effects. I do like the couple of ideas on a DIY remedy, in case she finds down the road that the loops did provide some benefit.
Much obliged to all

I have one loop broke on my fins and I just hook my finger under the strap itself, no biggie. When the other one breaks (if it ever does), I might try making a loop from cord.

Back
Top Bottom