British diver found dead - Talay Songhong park, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never believe the accuracy of anything written in the Daily Mail

The reporting is abysmal

He is believed to have tried to desperately float back to the surface after seeing his oxygen supply running down.

He said: 'The data from the victim's diving watch shows he rose from the deep water to the surface swiftly while his oxygen supply was running out and his helium tank was not working well.

'The helium tank is to help reduce the intoxication of nitrogen and oxygen when diving deep and its malfunction could cause asphyxiation.

There is one photo of an AP Valves Rebreather possibly an Inspiration.

The reporting is abysmal

He is believed to have tried to desperately float back to the surface after seeing his oxygen supply running down.

He said: 'The data from the victim's diving watch shows he rose from the deep water to the surface swiftly while his oxygen supply was running out and his helium tank was not working well.

'The helium tank is to help reduce the intoxication of nitrogen and oxygen when diving deep and its malfunction could cause asphyxiation.

There is one photo of an AP Valves Rebreather possibly an Inspiration.
Isn’t the yellow cover specific to the Inspiration?

Asking because I didn’t know that AP did other rebreather models.

Isn’t the yellow cover specific to the Inspiration?
I think so, one of my friends who used to dive one called it the Yellow Box of Doom.

I'm not a rebreather diver so was not 100% sure.

I think so, one of my friends who used to dive one called it the Yellow Box of Doom.

I'm not a rebreather diver so was not 100% sure.
They are really popular here in the UK. They are a common sight here although a lot of people drop the yellow cover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom