Bringing two SPGs on trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity--don't think I'm ready to go that far with redundancy just yet--for those of you who carry spare 1st and 2nd stages, do you get those serviced at your local dive shop as often as you do your primary regulator set-up?
I service them myself. In fact, the spare reg is simply to get me into the water without delay. I have tools and service kit in my save-a-dive kit. These things (Scubapro Mk 10 and Balanced Adjustable/G250) are so simple, that you can service them during a surface interval.

rx7diver

< cue face palm >

Here we go again…

(not you @rx7diver - you seem like a well-adjusted guy).

1st stage, 2nd stage, SPG, and their hoses as spares.
In my spares kit I have a spare SPG and SPG swivels.
Also dive two computers, one AI.

I took my Perdix AI and redundant NEW spg/compass combo to the Keys two years ago, A quarter of the way through I realized my Perdix and my spg were not reading the same. The new spg never moved off 3000 PSI.....when I purged the reg after the dive it went to zero....then on a new tank back to 3000 but never went in between. So redundancy isn't a bad idea!

Back
Top Bottom