Brigade/ranger doubles question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mthirsc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I received my Brigade from Scubatoys and took it on my first dive yesterday... I'm in love! One reason I got it was to mount the occasional independent doubles for some redundancy in certain situations. So, I have some of the mounting plates en route and have calculated the current bladder will have plenty of lift for two AL 80's in this warm water (shorty wetsuit).

I'll be using normal SS doubles bands, bolted on etc. Should I put extensions on the existing two cam straps and leave them where they are? Seems like this is required to hold the bladder and also to add some stability. I was going to use black weight belts with steel buckles to fashion extensions, I guess I could leave the singles configuration as-is, screw on the SS doubles bands, and wrap the cam straps around?

Is this plan off?

Thanks.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is get a couple of bladder attachment straps, which replace the standard tank band, for holding the bladder on. This is ONLY needed if you want to dive double tanks...

Since you are in Guam, I don't know how readily available they would be though, so you may be able to improvise a bit...???

Scott,

Appreciate the quick reply!

So, most people just bolt on the doubles and don't worry about a long cam strap wrapped around the twins? I guess I could try one long cam in the middle and see if it is worth it.

Improvising bladder attachment shouldn't be a problem-- Scubatoys ships to military addresses but it can take a while (not their fault).

Thanks again.

Marcus

mthirsc:
So, most people just bolt on the doubles and don't worry about a long cam strap wrapped around the twins?

If the banded doubles are bolted on properly, you shouldn't need the additional tank bands, but if you feel more secure with them, go for it!!

Back
Top Bottom