Breathing rate, air integrated computers and DCI correlation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some dive computers will tailor decompression due to workload, however this is not done with air integration and measuring how fast the diver is going through gas, it is done with an integrated heart rate monitor.

However, it is totally unnecessary IMO.
And others you can set "workload", age and other parameters, too. Distractions. All you're really accomplishing is manipulating a model without knowing anything about the starting or ending points.

I suspect this is another thread at this point.

Ridiculous. Most AI computers do not reduce NDL due to air burn, they reduce ATR (Air Time Remaining). The NDL is affected by time at depth, not the rate of inspired gas.
The air integrated dive computers that we use do in fact reduce the No Stop time based on increased workload due to respiration or heart rate.

The Remaining Bottom Time ( RBT ) or as you referred to it,ATR, is also given. The RBT is based on depth, current air consumption & gas remaining. It is independent of the No Stop time ( or as you referred NDL ).

My SAC is .45-.55 on a normal dive. .4 for a woman Id say is not very low..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

No, not "very low". But not at all above normal. Not an indication of high workload.

No, not "very low". But not at all above normal. Not an indication of high workload.
If workload alarm occurs during most of the dive:

• if air consumption is a high average – then a possible interpretation is:
an uneconomical diving technique (beginner, too hasty, too much lead, bad buoyancy
control).

• if air consumption is a low average – a possible interpretation is:
very shallow breathing (bad breathing technique, suit too tight).

Have you ever used an air integrated dive computer? As a diver has significant workload, their No Stop time decreases giving the diver less bottom time. Yes, following this procedure may result in lowering the risk of the " Bends "!

( WoW! I hadn't thought of that " Hot Deal " here on Scubaboard :D:D:D )

Ridiculous. Most AI computers do not reduce NDL due to air burn, they reduce ATR (Air Time Remaining). The NDL is affected by time at depth, not the rate of inspired gas.

I know that Beaverdivers is really big on the effect of workload on NDLs, but I am in the camp of "What? Where is the research on that?"

And so, let me ask politely: where is the research indicating that increased workload or increased inspiration affect NDLs?

I know that Beaverdivers is really big on the effect of workload on NDLs, but I am in the camp of "What? Where is the research on that?"

And so, let me ask politely: where is the research indicating that increased workload or increased inspiration affect NDLs?
Haven't we always considered workload in NDL's since dive tables? Aren't you meant to go to the next depth if you do an arduous dive when using a dive table?

Haven't we always considered workload in NDL's since dive tables? Aren't you meant to go to the next depth if you do an arduous dive when using a dive table?

Not that I can find in PADI, NOAA, or USN tables. Does that only come into play when trying to sell the such bells and whistles found in some more expensive computers?

I thought that nitrogen absorption are primarily based on depth (ergo pressure) and time at depth?

Let's leave out fatty tissue absorption and all the other weird stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom