Breath control / Air consumption rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will go away at about 25+ dives and then continue to drop a bit further, but nothing significant after 50 dives or so.

Just relax and go diving. It also helps being trimmed out properly.

The Logic Theorist:
Ok, question one: I'm looking at buying a BC that's one of the "hybrid" style, its not a full jacket and is supposed to push the air more towards your back, but it does have integrated weight pockets. Where -should- the weight be?
No one can tell you how to distribute your weight without seeing you in the water. You will probably just have to try different things, and figure out what works best.

I don't know anything about the "hybrid" style BC, so I can't help you with that. I don't like integrated pockets. They don't give you many options for positioning weight.
I usually end up pushing with my hands to turn more than anything else. I do try to keep them clasped when I'm going in a straight line, but when I need to alter my course to the left or right, or make a full turn, I'm still not really sure how to do that.
I had the same problem when I first started diving. I was using Atomic split fins, and they worked really well for going straight forward, but I couldn't turn with them. I switched to jets, and they worked much better. I still had to learn the kicks though.

You should check out the 5thd-x videos. Maybe someone else will post the link. I can't seem to find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom