breast feeding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a good one Andy. Did you see his eyes? He looked pretty happy.

For me, feeding is a quiet time for mom and little one. I prefer not to be in a mall or other loud place during times when mini-me (his nickname thanks to my husband) is likely to want a meal, and can plan my chores and running around those times. I will kick back in the back seat of the car with the radio on low, go to the ladies lounge, or even ask a clerk if I can tuck into a dressing room (if at a department store). While I'm discreet if I do feed in public, and most don't even have an idea what's going on, I just don't find it enjoyable to be shopping or eating while my son is hanging on my boob. Sorry if that's not the in-thing to say in this day and age, but it's my preference.

do I have an issue with women who do feed in public? No, it's their choice. Men who have wives who breastfeed who see women in public don't gape and stare, usually they realize what's going on, the eyes usually soften a bit at the thoughts of their kids and wife, and they continue on their day. The unmarried 20-somethings are still at the gawky age of realizing sexuality and are more curious than they care to admit mainly because they and their siblings were bottle fed, but it's part of growing up in an age where formula has virtually replaced mother's milk. The 20-somethings who grew up in breastfeeding homes with younger siblings seem to understand what's going on and accept it for what it is.

So with that, I can say that I don't have issues with seeing a woman's breasts in public, but I tend to be somewhat conservative in sharing my breasts with others. I try to be sensitive to other's comfort level, but don't hide the fact I breastfeed.

Evil Male Conservative here - Nothing wrong with Breastfeeding in Public, my wife did..
two guys in bed kissing on primetime TV is too much though!!!!!!!!

The thing about the Jant Jackson debacle is the superbowl is sort of a family gathering in many places and they don't appreciate all the bumping and grinding in the half time show...I understand that. Not that I consider myself uptight, but people just don't really appreciate it. Maybe dads want to watch the game with their 9 year olds and take a break form sex everywhere.

Gay people have it hard enough without getting dragged into the breastfeeding thread...

Just my point of view on an issue that was brought up earlier:
I think it's great that men visit and take part in the women's views forum. I like to read about male perspectives on issues that we, as women, may otherwise not be exposed to. I find that, much of the time, the views are closer than people may think... And the subject matter usually affects more than just women... eyebrow

Besides, if there was a Men's Views forum, I'll betcha we'd all be on it too! :D

Good point, Ayisha.

It's a big world and we all have to live in it together.

the K

Many years ago, I breastfed my son, I was with my Mom at a little cafe getting ready to order lunch when My son got hungry, I put him to the breast and covered his face with my shirt. I didn't have anything with me to cover him, however I will say We sat in a booth and no one could see any bare skin, when the manager came to me and said "You Need to that in the bathroom!" I asked "WHY? Im not showing any skin!!" He Told me I was offending the other customers, I looked around, My Mom and I were the only ones in there! Well I looked at him and said " We are the only ones in here, you don't have any other people in here! Besides do you eat your meals in the bathroom? He of course said NO. I then told him, WELL neither do I and this Baby is Not being fed in your Damned dirty bathroom." He told me to leave or security would be called, We got up to leave and My(very religious) Mom surprised me by telling the male Manager, (Im cleaning this up) A--hole you must be a :censored: sucker! He got canned from his job later that same day ! The owner's wife was in there feeding her baby and he told her the same thing. And she of course told her hubby. Now when I walk by the cafe I see babies being breastfed with no problems. Turtle Gal
Oops! Sorry about that.

I agree! way to go! (you may want to clean up that one little quote by your mom or you may take a hit on your post.)

maternal instinct (your mom's for you, was alive and well!)

I am still trying to figure out why some people think breast skin and nipples are offensive......

I can't think of any reason that is rational.

My kids are now between 21 and 14, but when they were babies I have breastfed them without any proble. Of course I was not looking for it, when I was aout for a short time I waited to have them fed at home before I went out, but when I was out for a longer time there was no way I would have fed them in a dirty restroom!
And nothing was hanging out, nor did I brought a heavy blanket to cover, I had convenient clothes, and it was discrete.

Ok, in my country all beaches are toplesss (if the weather allows it :wink:), nude people on TV do not pose any problem (nude men less common, but there are some). I never even imagine that discrete breast feeding in public could be a problem!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom