Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

primates are endangered

Not too worry.....they are working on correcting that

I hate to say it but I would love to see the Japanese Navy take the Sea Shepard into custody and lock all thoses nuts up for a few years.

Its the extremist in any organization that makes it hard to support a cause.

well the French sunk a Greenpeace boat. :D

Originally Posted by OldNSalty
Its the extremist in any organization that makes it hard to support a cause.

Truer words have never been spoken.

don't the eskimo's still hunt whales? (at least once a year, for traditional purposes?)

Yes native Alaskans do still hunt whale. But they do it in small boats, and only take one a year, the meat is distributed amongst the village, and there is no waste. It is a part of their culture. The Japanese on the other hand are taking what they can while they can. with no concern for the survival of the species. Different story all together.

Can any Japanese linquist traslate the voice on the Japanese whaler tape? I would be interested in what he is saying.

Art

Whaling is not illegal.

The hunted whales are not endangered.

Japan is a sovereign nation whose rights are endless until they affect the rights of another sovereignty.

As a sovereign nation, the people of Japan have a right to decide their nation’s position in regards to whaling.

The Sea Sheppard, in attempting to damage/disable the props of Japanese ships are committing crimes, possibly piracy, on the high seas.

You can argue the morality of what they are doing all you wish but the criminals are the ones with their own show-shame on you network. I for one wish that Japan did not engage in whaling but they have a right to do it.

I live on the gulf coast of America where many people make a living shrimping. I would be outraged and ready to take action if a political group from Japan showed up in the gulf trying to prevent shrimpers from earning a living. I suspect most citizens would take exception to such foreign intervention.

The Sea Sheppard does nothing for their cause.

Really, I wish both sides would just go away.

I live on the gulf coast of America where many people make a living shrimping. I would be outraged and ready to take action if a political group from Japan showed up in the gulf trying to prevent shrimpers from earning a living. I suspect most citizens would take exception to such foreign intervention.

No need for foreigners to do that, it will happen within our own legal system.

I am outraged we still allow shrimp bottom trawlers in US waters! It is really only the huge bribes from the big rich CEO's that keep that business "legal." You don't really think any body in power really cares about deck hands on shrimp boats do you?

I am outraged we still allow shrimp bottom trawlers in US waters! It is really only the huge bribes from the big rich CEO's that keep that business "legal." You don't really think any body in power really cares about deck hands on shrimp boats do you?

What an odd view on how laws should be formed ‘If you want your activity to be legal pay us.’ as if everything is presumed to be illegal unless specifically stated otherwise.

I hold a different philosophy on how laws should be created. Nothing should be illegal unless it harms another. I don’t hunt, I am not gay, I don’t own a gun or buy beer on Sundays but I fully support your rights to hunt (for food, pleasure or whatever), to marry whomever you wish, buy yourself a beer on church day all while carrying a gun.

Besides, I loves me some shrimp.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom