Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is another video from earlier the same day clearly and irrefutably showing the Ady Gil cutting in front of the Japanese ship (with a rope trailing).

You can see it was only a matter of time before their idiot tactics would get their boat sunk.

http://www.icrwhale.org/eng/100106SS.wmv

Hard to judge distance, but I would suggest the Ady Gil cuts right across the path of the whaling vessel less than 50 yards away.

I disagree on both counts. They're whales. They aren't cute, and they aren't sentient. But they are a slow growing slow breeding species. Overharvesting is the problem. The Japanese and the Norwiegans use modern technology to hunt and kill whales. Then when there are protests, they whine and bitch that their ancestors were able to do it, they should too. OK, just like the Inuits, go ahead. Row the fricken' dory to the whaling grounds and harpoon a big'n. Tow it home, and cut it up on the beach. Salt it, just like grandpappy did. Don't be putting it in the fridge. That is the only way whaling is sustainable, as the whale has an even chance.

Whales are an endangered species, just like New England codfish were 10 years ago. Unfortunately, whales don't spawn like cod do. They won't be back for hundreds of years.

That's the problem most people have.

Whales are not a species, and can you share the evidence that I asked for from drbill in post 28. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4951398-post28.html

Note that Geoff lives in Tokyo. That should pretty much sum up his objectionability.

Note that StevenN writes comments like this. That should pretty much sum up his intelligence.

What an odd view on how laws should be formed ‘If you want your activity to be legal pay us.’ as if everything is presumed to be illegal unless specifically stated otherwise.

I hold a different philosophy on how laws should be created. Nothing should be illegal unless it harms another. I don’t hunt, I am not gay, I don’t own a gun or buy beer on Sundays but I fully support your rights to hunt (for food, pleasure or whatever), to marry whomever you wish, buy yourself a beer on church day all while carrying a gun.

Besides, I loves me some shrimp.

:D
That is not a view on how laws are formed, that is a view on why intelligent laws take so long to be enacted; the rich sob's profiting off the rape of the planet "share" the profit with the "lawmakers" to keep the rape from being regulated.

Dragging big nets along the bottom destroying viable native habitat and tossing tons of dead by-catch back is hardly what I call sustainable, responsible harvest and in the long run it harms us all; but then again, you loves you some shrimp. :shakehead:

Note that StevenN writes comments like this. That should pretty much sum up his intelligence.

And you think you gained any IQ points there :confused:

And you think you gained any IQ points there :confused:

Funnily enough, I don't think anyone gains IQ points by posting to a webforum. StevenN has a history of playing the man rather than the ball, and it is no surprise to see him back attacking me on this thread.

If he could stick to the issues rather than the people discussing the issues then everyone would have a far more productive conversation.

Funnily enough, I don't think anyone gains IQ points by posting to a webforum. StevenN has a history of playing the man rather than the ball, and it is no surprise to see him back attacking me on this thread.

If he could stick to the issues rather than the people discussing the issues then everyone would have a far more productive conversation.

Geoff.

I don't condone the Sea Shepperd's, But I don't condone the Japanese Killing so many whales either, I apologize If I came across like I was Attacking you last night in our conversation, Be it best, I just stepped out of the discussion.

Call me crazy but I believe whales belong in the ocean as oppossed to on Japanese dinner menus...

Did you get a chance to expand on your thoughts from post 16? I am curious to what you were alluding to.

I don't condone the Sea Shepperd's, But I don't condone the Japanese Killing so many whales either, I apologize If I came across like I was Attacking you last night in our conversation, Be it best, I just stepped out of the discussion.

Jim, no worries and defintely no need for an apology! Please don't step out on my behalf, I think this is a discussion that needs people from all viewpoints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom