Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you get a chance to expand on your thoughts from post 16? I am curious to what you were alluding to.

The onus is on you my fellow diver to explain why it is a good idea for the Japanese to hunt and kill whales by the thousands in the name of "research" when the vast majority of the world's population thinks it a very bad idea...

Last edited:
the vast majority of the world's population thinks it a very bad idea...

The vast majority isn't always right......it was a majority that elected our current president and congress.

Here is another video from earlier the same day clearly and irrefutably showing the Ady Gil cutting in front of the Japanese ship (with a rope trailing).

You can see it was only a matter of time before their idiot tactics would get their boat sunk.

http://www.icrwhale.org/eng/100106SS.wmv

Hard to judge distance, but I would suggest the Ady Gil cuts right across the path of the whaling vessel less than 50 yards away.

I think that the Ady Gil is putting out a net that they are towing with a rope.

The only reason I could see them deploying a net it to release it to foul the whaling ships propellers. (or pull it around the ship and circle it until the propellers are fouled. )

Makes me wonder if they were trying to do the same thing when they got hit. ?

No need to get pissy geoff, remember you were the one that googled and posted personal info about me in the past.:shakehead:

Now we can all get back to a civil discussion.:rofl3:
:)

The onus is on you my fellow diver to explain why it is a good idea for the Japanese to hunt an kill whales by the thousands in the name of "research" when the vast majority of the world's population thinks it a very bad idea...

OK, so you can't back up your statement in post 16 - thanks for making that clear. Let's leave innuendo out from now on and concentrate on the facts then?

Moving on to your next point - I eat fish, do you? The Japanese take hundreds of whales a year, not thousands. The annual quota for minke whales is 440. The estimate population of minke whales is estimated at well over half a million - some estimates put it closer to a million.

I am sure you can do the maths. 440/800,000 = 0.06%

I suggest there are far more pressing ecological concerns on the planet than this level of whale fishing.

geez! you can find anything on Google these days!!!

Just a lesson learned. You should have a different username for every forum you belong to. No big deal but it was kind of strange.
:)

so are we all in agreement that the SS and :ss: are both cohorts and idgiots . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom