Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From that video it looks like they both steered into each other.

I agree that the whaler looks to have corrected itself and it was likely done for the water cannon. It still looks like fun. Too bad I was not the kind of dumbass that takes a brand new $2 million boat and runs it in front of a MUCH LARGER ship.....too bad indeed.

I agree that the whaler looks to have corrected itself and it was likely done for the water cannon. It still looks like fun. Too bad I was not the kind of dumbass that takes a brand new $2 million boat and runs it in front of a MUCH LARGER ship.....too bad indeed.

yea....never said that they had to be smart

How many out there can say they wrecked a $2 million dollar boat.. By hitting a big freakin ship :rofl3:

I'm looking at it again, if you look at the stern of the boat it appear to slowly get in place and then power up just before the collision.

Perhaps they ran out of patchouli and hemp fanny packs and needed the insurance money to buy more.

If you use the mizzen mast on the whaler as reference you can see he was in a fairly aggressive starboard turn. Of course, the numbnuts were moving along nicely too.

Personally, I am against whaling and do consider them sentinent beings.

But if GP is going to play this game they need one of these.

LCS2_1.jpg

It can turn nicely.

Whales are an endangered species, just like New England codfish were 10 years ago. Unfortunately, whales don't spawn like cod do. They won't be back for hundreds of years.

That's the problem most people have.
Except "whales" is NOT an endangered species, infact "whale" is not a species at all..
Minke whale, which has conservation status "least concern" which means its not even close to endangered is a species.
Blue whale is another species that IS endangered according to the conservation status.
The only species of whale thats whaled in norway is minke whale.

Not making the distinction between a blue whale and a minke whale is like saying "primates are endangered"...

I hate to say it but I would love to see the Japanese Navy take the Sea Shepard into custody and lock all thoses nuts up for a few years.

Its the extremist in any organization that makes it hard to support a cause.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom