Brand Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttriton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Needing to get a 3m wetsuit, what's a good brand to look at. Are all the brands similar quality?

Thanks

Hi...you'd PROBABLY do better with that question down in the exposure suit forum...at any rate...

My preference is Akona, they make a nice tough suit that isn't overly expensive and not too frilly (color wise)

There are a LOT of brands to choose from, but your best bet is to go try some on...see what fits, and see what falls into your price range.

If you want off teh shelf: Bodyglove is the cut most anatomically correct.

I use custom anymore, Eagle Reef makes a competativly priced custom suit.

Each manufacturer has a certain body type that they fit the best. Look for the manufacturer that fits you the best and then look for the suit in their line with the features you need or like. A suit that doesn't fit well is a waste of money.

I love the O'Neill Sector wetsuits. My wife and I both have one and they fit great, and they are warmer than their competitors of similar thickness. That aside, I would say the best wetsuit is one that fits you like a second skin. Less water circulation=warmer. Try some on and find what works best for you.

Mike

Each manufacturer has a certain body type that they fit the best. Look for the manufacturer that fits you the best and then look for the suit in their line with the features you need or like. A suit that doesn't fit well is a waste of money.

Bingo:)

It's true that cuts are different dependent on manufacturers. Unfortunately, not all shops carry all brands and it can be difficult to try every brand out there. I have found that Pinnacle makes the widest variety of sizes and are very good construction and quality.

As fit is probably the most important thing with your wetsuit I'd suggest that you have a look at a variety of manufacturers' size charts to narrow down the ones that you think may fit you best and then try some on.

For comfort & ease of donning you may want to look at some of the super-stretchy products out there (Bare Elastek, Henderson Hyperstretch etc) & somebody always has them on sale. If you're on a bit of a budget something like Bare Velocity (I like Bare for their great range of sizes & value) may do the trick.

I would agree with most of the responses here - that fit is very important.

For comfort and thermal protection, a suit should fit in all the right places and allow ease of movement.

Try on different styles and makes and don't be rushed into a decision.

The wetsuit; choosing the right one | Sea Forever

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom