'Brand New' G250 without G250 Decal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just today arrived another satin BA, which I thought from the photos it could be a 156, but it wasn't.

OK, this is a little embarrassing, but I thought all BAs were 156s. What makes one BA a 156 and another not?

The X in the BA Schematics 11.15X.000 stands like in lots of other schematics for the cypher of the different models within the 'main model', in this case 0, 2, 4 or 6.
11.150.000 is the order number for the standard BA.
11.152.000 is the order number for the BA with orange diaphragm and orange exhaust Tee.
11.154.000 is the order number for a BA in the US SP Catalog of '93. Up to now I'm not sure what for it stands. The only idea I have is the fact that the BA passed the E250 standards that spring (which was mentioned in the German Catalog of the same year), which were implemented in early '93.
Maybe in the US they wanted to show that with a different order number.
BTW, the BA was not offered in the US Catalog of '95.
And, strange enough, in the German SP Catalog of '93, where was mentioned that the BA had passed the criteria of the EN250, the order number stayed still 11.150.000. Who knows.
Anyway, as I understand it , in '97 the 156 came on the market (as BA in the US and Mark X in Europe) with a different housing and a 'CE' stamp on top of the housing, together with a modified exhaust tee.
Already in '98 the production of the BA 156 for Europe and the US was stopped (I think in Japan you still could get it until 2000).
So true '156s' are pretty rare.......

Attachments

• SP CATALOG BA 86.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
  • SP CATALOG BA 93 GERMAN & ENGLISH.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 88
Thanks!

On the '156s'?
No.
As I understand it, the black plastic tuning knob was implemented in 1990 for the MK X Series and was on the 150s until at least '97 ( I'm not sure if the 156s were really offered in Europe).....

The X in the BA Schematics 11.15X.000 stands like in lots of other schematics for the cypher of the different models within the 'main model', in this case 0, 2, 4 or 6.
11.150.000 is the order number for the standard BA.
11.152.000 is the order number for the BA with orange diaphragm and orange exhaust Tee.
11.154.000 is the order number for a BA in the US SP Catalog of '93. Up to now I'm not sure what for it stands. The only idea I have is the fact that the BA passed the E250 standards that spring (which was mentioned in the German Catalog of the same year), which were implemented in early '93.
Maybe in the US they wanted to show that with a different order number.
BTW, the BA was not offered in the US Catalog of '95.
And, strange enough, in the German SP Catalog of '93, where was mentioned that the BA had passed the criteria of the EN250, the order number stayed still 11.150.000. Who knows.
Anyway, as I understand it , in '97 the 156 came on the market (as BA in the US and Mark X in Europe) with a different housing and a 'CE' stamp on top of the housing, together with a modified exhaust tee.
Already in '98 the production of the BA 156 for Europe and the US was stopped (I think in Japan you still could get it until 2000).
So true '156s' are pretty rare.......
The big difference (and improvement) of the 156 is the larger exhaust valve, which is the same as the G250. This required to modify the exhaust tee. The previous ones had a smaller valve, like the 109.

So...does anyone think they have a true 156 (big exhaust valve) and metal knob without the CE stamp on the top?
In other words, do we think that 156's came to the US without that mark in the metal housing?
In other other words, is the sole distinguishing factor for the "true" 156 just the large exhaust valve, or is it the valve and the CE stamp?

I think we need a chrome addict to go pawing through his stores...
Now who could that be...?

@couv
@coldwaterlloyd

...uh, I don't know anyone who fits that description. But the two (or is it three?) BAs with large exhaust valves I possess have the CE stamp on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom