• Salvo

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • OMS

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be going for Green Force.

Excellent service so far with my LED back up light, I like the modular nature of the system and they are one of the few dive equipment companies in australia that support global price parity.

Z..

If I do get a canister I'm leaning towards nocturnal lights. Tim on the board has really impressed me and all the reviews here have been positive for the type of diving I will be doing.

I have a Dive-Rite 21w with the Slimline Canister. After 6 dives the battery went, then the bulb.

If I had it to do over I'd get the Salvo!!

former salvo owner here, i say get the salvo. bang for your buck you know its the best. Jason quit fooling youself!!! deep down you know you want the salvo.

I was quite impressed with the salvos when I saw you guys dive them in PG :)

Z..

Salvo can't get in HK, need special order from dive shop.

You sold the canister light or still available?
Spoon:
former salvo owner here, i say get the salvo. bang for your buck you know its the best. Jason quit fooling youself!!! deep down you know you want the salvo.

Tavi:
I have a Dive-Rite 21w with the Slimline Canister. After 6 dives the battery went, then the bulb.

If I had it to do over I'd get the Salvo!!

I think HID cannister light technology still needs work; regardless of brand. I am still turned off by the cost of replacement bulbs. Even Spoon's Salvo battery charger crapped out on him in less than a month. And I've rarely heard of an HID owner who didn't need to replace his bulb in less than 18 months. So if you really want an HID light you'll have to factor in the cost of a spare bulb in your purchase.

Unless you're a person who likes fussin and babying your dive equipment, I think this type of gear takes too much out of the BASIC fun in recreational diving in its PRE-DIVE and POST-DIVE task loading.

But on the otherhand, if you're a fulltime caver, then its another story.

Twomixdiver:
I think HID cannister light technology still needs work; regardless of brand. I am still turned off by the cost of replacement bulbs. Even Spoon's Salvo battery charger crapped out on him in less than a month. And I've rarely heard of an HID owner who didn't need to replace his bulb in less than 18 months. So if you really want an HID light you'll have to factor in the cost of a spare bulb in your purchase.

by charger gave up becasue i dint use a voltage regulator. you know how the fluctuations in our electricity reef havoc on our appliances.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom