• Salvo

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • OMS

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twomixdiver:
I think HID cannister light technology still needs work; regardless of brand. I am still turned off by the cost of replacement bulbs. Even Spoon's Salvo battery charger crapped out on him in less than a month. And I've rarely heard of an HID owner who didn't need to replace his bulb in less than 18 months. So if you really want an HID light you'll have to factor in the cost of a spare bulb in your purchase.

Unless you're a person who likes fussin and babying your dive equipment, I think this type of gear takes too much out of the BASIC fun in recreational diving in its PRE-DIVE and POST-DIVE task loading.

But on the otherhand, if you're a fulltime caver, then its another story.
Look at nocturnal lights overvoltage halogen system - a bit bigger battery, but bulbs are everywhere from 25 W to 50 W, narrow beam to flood - FOR $6 AT YOUR HARDWARE STORE!

If you buy wreck canister lighting, what was your power 10 or 21 watts?

Jason,

If you want to try out my 21W Salvo, just drop me a line. It's got the smaller battery pack (4.8Amp NiMh). I'd be happy to lend it to you for a few dives...

Cheers,

You are the dealer in HK?:huh:
thepurplehammerhead:
Jason,

If you want to try out my 21W Salvo, just drop me a line. It's got the smaller battery pack (4.8Amp NiMh). I'd be happy to lend it to you for a few dives...

Cheers,

I going to invest canister light for my ownself:D

Spoon:
by charger gave up becasue i dint use a voltage regulator. you know how the fluctuations in our electricity reef havoc on our appliances.

Exactly my point. It's the type of gear you have to treat like a baby. Feed it the right stuff; and don't even think of dropping it.

Jason Ooi:
You are the dealer in HK?:huh:

Jason, no Salvo dealer in HK yet. However, Jim (jagfish on SB), is based in Japan is a Salvo dealer. I think Spoon, Larry, and the others have bought their Salvo HID's from him. I think one of the KL or Singapore shops also signed up as a Salvo dealer recently.

Cool! Do you able get you spare parts?
How much selling for me?
pakman:
Jason, no Salvo dealer in HK yet. However, Jim (jagfish on SB), is based in Japan is a Salvo dealer. I think Spoon, Larry, and the others have bought their Salvo HID's from him. I think one of the KL or Singapore shops also signed up as a Salvo dealer recently.

I am a salvo dealer in the US. I am willing to ship to wherever as long as you don't mind paying the shipping. I have done a good many international shipments of salvo lights and it generally is affordable, as long as you don't want UPS shipping.

Also I don't baby my salvo at all and have never had a problem. I don't even keep it in a pelican case or anything, just leave it strapped to my rig in my dive bag.

Brent

www.hidawayscuba.com

Jason Ooi:
Branded canister light, Please poll

If you buy canister light what is your major consider

• Design
  • Reliability
  • Price
  • Battery/ Warranty
  • Depth Rating
  • Burn times/Bulb watt
  • Operating temperature
  • Focus able or Fixed beam
  • Spare parts/ customer service

Thanks

I have a 10w diverite focusable. If I were to do it again I would go for the Sartek 10s focusable. More robust design and they have the lithium battery option which will be smaller than the Nimh and hold a charge longer. I haven't had any problems with my Diverite battery or bulb after 2 years but my lamp head screws stripped out because of the cheesey design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom