• Salvo

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • OMS

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had my Salvo light head come unclipped from the D ring and fall on the concrete without damage. I wouldn't say it's finicky or fragile.

I bought Dive Rite H10 Compact Slimline HID Canister Light.....wonderful

My GF and I went with li-ion 21W salvos because salvo was well priced and received a lot of praise on these forums. So far they've worked great for about 10 and 30 dives (in the Philippines), respectively. The only negative so far is that the light head is huge compared to some of the others I've seen. I didn't answer the poll though because these are the only lights we've owned, and they are relatively new to us, so I cannot really compare them to anything else.

Hey guys,

I dont' want to highjack the thread since this thread is mainly dedicated to canister lights. We have a few of them and we have recently inroduced a new hand mount largely due to the request from members on Scuba Board.

Canister lights are usually the choice of lighting for divers who want something versitle. We have introduced the SLX last year as a lantern style grip but now we have a technical package where you can securely mount the light on the back of your hand with a enclosed battery pack. The LEDs are not as powerful as some of the HID and halogen systems (including our own) but is sufficient for most dives, and you can't beat the price and the reliability of the lights.

Check it out at http://www.nocturnallights.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=SLX and let me know if you guys have any questions. I thought many of you would be interested in an alternative to the existing canister style lights.

Drop by the Salvo shop in High Springs, FL they will normally beat the light head against the counter top a few times to illustrate the point. The point being the brightstar bulbs aren't as touchy to shear forces as some others.

I own the Salvo 10 watt and the Salvo primary reel. Cavern class this coming weekend! With intro to cave probably following after a bunch of cavern dives all over cave country - I'll revisit all the springs again and be able to go into the caverns - woohoo!

Took my Salvo 21w into wrecks for the first time over the weekend. The only thing I wanted was more power, even 21w wasn't enough for the USS New York. It was the most powerful light I saw out there though and four of us had canister lights.

pakman:
Jason, no Salvo dealer in HK yet. However, Jim (jagfish on SB), is based in Japan is a Salvo dealer. I think Spoon, Larry, and the others have bought their Salvo HID's from him. I think one of the KL or Singapore shops also signed up as a Salvo dealer recently.

yup try jim. i agree with zee, the hids the guys used in pg were darn impressive. it's as if a sub was focusing its lights on us. :D

Back
Top Bottom