Bradenton Sat. May 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good to me.

I'm bringing all 4 of my tanks. I'm game for anything.

fgray1:
But most likely around 9:30. I've got a couple of people going too.
Which of course means getting in the water at 11, should i just get there at 10.30 to prevent my usual wait??? :wink:

simbrooks:
Which of course means getting in the water at 11, should i just get there at 10.30 to prevent my usual wait??? :wink:
But at least I have enough weight to stay down :eyebrow:
I can't wait till you do your cavern and Intro. :eyebrow:
I'm going to make sure I'm there. I'm doing my rescue, deco and adv nitrox now. Just got my Cpr with Defib and DAN O2 done.
The next couple of months will be fun.
Fred

fgray1:
But at least I have enough weight to stay down :eyebrow:
Once was a "new" 5mm suit i hadnt worn for 8 years, definately never dived before and as i lose more weight i should be able to fit back into it! The last time, i added 6# to my freshwater weight and still seemed light - still havent quite figured out this shallow stuff.
fgray1:
I can't wait till you do your cavern and Intro. :eyebrow: I'm going to make sure I'm there
Its coming, give me some time on this whole thing, i will just about top 40 dives total this weekend - wait til the fall for any real advancement towards overhead training. You have to remember you have been doing this longer than i have!! I also have to wait for Becky to rack up a good number of dives if we are training together again.
fgray1:
I'm doing my rescue, deco and adv nitrox now. Just got my Cpr with Defib and DAN O2 done.
The next couple of months will be fun.
Again rescue coming after i have done a red cross course downtown - probably in the summer and deco stuff next year i reckon along with further cave training once Rick gets his full cave instructors ticket.

Its always a busy/fun time!!

Anyway, now that you are a mod, do you have to be more kind/polite??? :wink:

See you all saturday, hopefully. Still not sure whether to rent tanks there or bring them on down to fill from here - will see.

Anyway, now that you are a mod, do you have to be more kind/polite???

Ya I must be a good boy now, wait a minute are you saying I wasn't polite B-4?
I find that +8 lbs for the gulf works best. Plus 1 lb for every extra mm on you suit if it's thicker than your normal one you you use.
See you Sat around 9:30 in front of the dive shop.
Fred

fgray1:
wait a minute are you saying I wasn't polite B-4?
Now you are getting the picture :wink:

fgray1:
I find that +8 lbs for the gulf works best. Plus 1 lb for every extra mm on you suit if it's thicker than your normal one you you use.
Normall fresh with an AL80 i wear 4# +SS BP (6#), so i added 6# for salt and then another 6# after that to keep me down there - anything less and during various parts of the dive i was floating up. You reckon only 2# between my 3mm and 5mm? Again back in fresh i used 16# compared to 10# with an AL80 - might have gotten away with 14# if i pushed it somewhat. Even so, saturday it is.

MikeJacobs:
It's all Fred's fault. I'm afraid our timing is tight and we need to be up in Tampa that afternoon or I'd join you. But thanks for the invite, Fred! Maybe next time!
I think its about an hour to Tampa from that area, plus unkitting time - 30 mins(?), i was only joking with Fred about 11am start, hopefully by 10 or so - you could still get in one dive in an hour or so surely?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom