BP/wings comfortable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP was not worried about comfort in the water. His concern was long hikes with a heavy tank on his back. I try to avoid such activity, but if it is part of the plan, then the requirements change drastically. I've done many beach dives that involve walking down the beach back to the car after being carried 1/3 mile down current. I think so many people interpret a question from a their own, sometimes, very narrow perspective/experience.

I wish I could find the photos of me riding a bike with a tank/BC on my back in a full wetsuit and carrying my gear. (confession: I think I had my mask on my forehead).

I wish I could find the photos of me riding a bike with a tank/BC on my back in a full wetsuit and carrying my gear. (confession: I think I had my mask on my forehead).
. Now if you were wearing your mask backwards like the GUE guys, that would have been bad ass!

No I probably had the mask on my forehead and the attached snorkel in my mouth - just to ensure I didn't lose the mask.

No I probably had the mask on my forehead and the attached snorkel in my mouth - just to ensure I didn't lose the mask.
:)

Well even though they might be compatible with the toe clips on the pedals... No.

Once you go backplate, you’ll never go back, mate.

Your LDS is either uneducated, or giving you the runaround in the interest of profit. I would look into the Deep6 setup for a good value mark, awesome support and quality.

Once you go backplate, you’ll never go back, mate.

Your LDS is either uneducated, or giving you the runaround in the interest of profit. I would look into the Deep6 setup for a good value mark, awesome support and quality.

Deep6 has great stuff. I think they are getting stuff back in stock. I looked at them first....

I've seen a harness system that is designed with a soft plate but it can be swapped out for a steel plate without disassembly of the harness. The soft plate is basically in a padded sleeve. Does anyone know if the Transpac XT allows the diver to replace the soft plate with a steel plate "on the fly"? For example, steel plate in cold water and soft plate on travel.

I've seen a harness system that is designed with a soft plate but it can be swapped out for a steel plate without disassembly of the harness. The soft plate is basically in a padded sleeve. Does anyone know if the Transpac XT allows the diver to replace the soft plate with a steel plate "on the fly"? For example, steel plate in cold water and soft plate on travel.
I can't answer on the DiveRite Transpacs' capabilities, but the softplate/sleeve/harness system that @RobPNW describes matches the OMS IQ and IQ Lite series.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom