BP/W... what will I regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to add a crotch strap as well. I don't see that listed. I don't care how much you think you don't want one, you will not want to dive without it once you start.
It is included and with picture to prove(the one on the bottom right).

I'm not averse to relatively quickly picking up an AL backplate for reduced weight when traveling, so that's not a huge concern for me.

I'm going the other way: Al has sucky buoyancy characteristics, it rusts around bolt holes, and I only spend a couple of hours carrying the plate through airports. I do try to spend much much more than that underwater, where the steel plate has all the pluses.

I like a zip pocket on one side of the waist belt, for slate, spool, whistle, or whatnot.

Well, I didn't get any of the stuff in my original post. I found a Halcyon Eclipse setup with 30lb wing, SS backplate, backplate storage pack, uncut harness, and single tank adapter for under $400 and couldn't pass it up. I'm hoping to try it out after my rescue diver class this weekend (I'll wear what I already know for the course however) at least one or both days. It's a bit older (2005 shown on the wing), but seems to be in mostly good condition (inflator hose needed tightening at the connection and the bottom dump only has the string coming off it so I'll need to add something to grip it with). After spending 20+ minutes adjusting the fit, I think it's pretty close to where I'll need it.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone :)

BP-W 1.jpg BP-W 2.jpg

You don't need anything to grip it with other than the string. Halcyon made it that way for a reason. If Deep Sea Supply ever gets back up and running, they make a nice replacement OPV using thicker line.

Brilliant buy man that's a great wing, perfect!

So I had just installed an arse dump on the current bc, you see
it didn't come with one and like all my bcds and wings and stuff
I put a long fat string width of my hand with two fat knots, no knob.

and the boat expert comes and he says, “Hey happy.” Yeah right!

“You gotta tie a knob on the end of your string. So you can find it.”

I've come back, “Hey Gumby I'm not interested in finding a knob.

What I want to find is the dump, so I can pull the string!”

then I hear, “But but but but but.” and I'm ”zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.”

full.jpg

“Look at your flaccid knob man, and hey take a look at my string!”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom