BP/W users - where do u put your smb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More detail......hope it helps......

I tried the 2 bungee loops but on my BP the holes were a bit far apart, so the SMB could pop out on giant stride entires so I prefer this method because it holds the SMB close to the center.....

Plus for me easier to restow underwater as you can pull the entire loop through the strap to make it "easier" to put around the SMB....a smaller loop can be tough with heavy gloves....

M

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 157
More detail......hope it helps......

I tried the 2 bungee loops but on my BP the holes were a bit far apart, so the SMB could pop out on giant stride entires so I prefer this method because it holds the SMB close to the center.....

Plus for me easier to restow underwater as you can pull the entire loop through the strap to make it "easier" to put around the SMB....a smaller loop can be tough with heavy gloves....

M

hi Jorgy, many thanks for the details :)

It depends on what I am doing. Right now, it goes in my Halcyon MC storage pack with the spool clipped to my butt D-ring. However, I am doing a lot of drift diving (common down here) where I know positively I will have to deploy it at the end of the dive, and this arrangement is not the most convenient. I am going to get a more compact SMB (I have a 6' one, too big to easily blow up), and clip it to my left waist d-ring and held tight to my waist strap with an epdm band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom