BP/W removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On land it is a controlled situation, and I take the gauges off first.

In the water when I need to get it off quickly, I undo the waist strap and reach back with both hands to grab the first stage and pull it over my head. Then the gauges don't seem to cause a problem.

radinator:
On land it is a controlled situation, and I take the gauges off first.

In the water when I need to get it off quickly, I undo the waist strap and reach back with both hands to grab the first stage and pull it over my head. Then the gauges don't seem to cause a problem.

yeah, but not so easy in doubles :)

On land:
- deflate BC, remove all regs from around neck etc.
- undo waist strap
- sit down and let the tank take the weight.
- grab the corrugated hose with left hand and second stage of long hose with the right (second stage should be clipped off to right D-ring)
- pull your arms away from you and step out.

works well for me.

In water:
- undo waist strap, remove hoses from neck, d/suit hose etc.
- slightly deflate BC.
- use same technique as above to get harness off.
- inflate BC to stop rig sinking.

i keep my gauges on, but they do snag sometimes so twisting them like tobin said might help.

limeyx:
In water:
- undo waist strap, remove hoses from neck, d/suit hose etc.
- slightly deflate BC.
- use same technique as above to get harness off.
- inflate BC to stop rig sinking.

i keep my gauges on, but they do snag sometimes so twisting them like tobin said might help.

This is what I do. I keep breathing the long hose because when I pull the rig over my head I sink underneath it, but it's then easy to pull my arms out of the straps, even with gauges on.

I never have a problem during removal but often do during donning. I wear my computer on top of my wrist but for donning, I turn it under then turn it back.

I don't ever seem to have a problem with catching my compass or my computer, but that's because the dry glove rings have already caused havoc :)

If I can sit down and slither down a little, it's generally pretty easy. In the water, it can be annoying but I always manage. It's worth it to me to have the uncluttered harness.

I bring my right elbow in tight against my side, poke my hand under the strap just below the D ring, bring the arm through and step (or turn, if in the water) out of the rig. Single and doubles both.

I think that technique depends on the ratio of your torso length to your arm length. I can't do that.

I don't get caught up by stuff on my wrist; I always get caught by my DS shoulder dump valve.

Halthron:
I never have a problem during removal but often do during donning. I wear my computer on top of my wrist but for donning, I turn it under then turn it back.

basically the same with halthron, i use a compass on the left and comp or the right. i just turn them both then i slide back to get a grip on the bottom part of the wing and pull the thing down just enough to have one arm free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom